surreal elephant sketches

And does anyone remember the weird cartoon
where an elephant counts to four by kicking
its legs? When it crashes to the floor, the trees
around it end up being cardboard set pieces
that crash, too. I loved this one!

Vendaface

Reaction score
The special where Ernie & Bert are in the Egyptian section of the museum (sorry, I can't remember the name) freaked me out, big time. And I had to have been at least 8 when it came on TV. Hehe.

Gonzo

Reaction score
The ones that scared me the most:

1) Any time Ernie, Kermit, etc would draw IN THE AIR with their finger would really freak me out.

2) Ernie pulling off Bert's nose--dismemberment is scary, okay?

3) Lower Case "n" Standing on a Hill....just the loneliness of it all was sad.

That's it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Hey,

That Egyptian one scared the ba-jeebers out of me too. I totally forgot about that one. What was it? A sarcophogus that looked like Bert and talked at the end, right?

But I remember the creepy feeling I got from watching it. I want to say thanks for the memory Vendaface, but I'm not so sure...:eek: :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
Hey,

That Egyptian one scared the ba-jeebers out of me too. I totally forgot about that one. What was it? A sarcophogus that looked like Bert and talked at the end, right?

But I remember the creepy feeling I got from watching it. I want to say thanks for the memory Vendaface, but I'm not so sure...:eek: :smile:
Actually it was an Ernie sarcophagus. It was pretty "ominous" and "eerie" for me, but it didn't scare me---kind of intrigued me, I guess.

All the backstage parts of the Twiggy episode of TMS did scare me as a kid, cause that was where we learned of "the phantom of the Muppet theatre", a.k.a., Uncle Deadly. Woooo... *shivers*

But...

the one thing that absolutely TERRIFIED me...

was...

a certain SS animated typerwiter sketch---you know, the li'l red typewriter-on-wheels guy that goes, "Noo-nee-noo-nee-nooooo!" and rolls out, types up a word, and there's an example of that word.

Well, the one about the NOSE was just too much for me!! He'd type the word "nose" (I guess, since that seems to be the most fittin'), and this HUGE nose would appear on the left side of the screen, facin' the typewriter guy. Then---and this is the terrifyin' part---it would sneeze---not just any sneeze, but a HUGE, SCARY, SUDDEN sneeze---!!! I have vivid memories of seein' that come on, and then I'd go hide around a wall and keep peepin' 'round the corner with my hands over my ears till it was over...

UUUUUUUUuuuughhhhh...

*SHIVERS BIG TIME*

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Are you serious? The sneeze scared you but the Egyptian thing didn't? I never perceived the nose as scary at all.

I thought the real terrifying part of SS was when they showed the inner-city kids running around without their parents IN THE CITY! They're surrounded by strangers with eerie smiles, vandalism, and just dirty looking buildings. The scariest part was that it was reality for some kids to live there. And the kids were so unsuspecting as they taught the difference between "Walk" and "Don't Walk"

White boy... Sheltered Life....

Markus

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
Are you serious? The sneeze scared you but the Egyptian thing didn't? I never perceived the nose as scary at all.
Hey, are you serious?! The sneeze is, like, the Anti-Christ!! :eek: The Egyptian thing was Ernie, the real Ernie is playful and cute and kiddy-like, therefore it's not as scary. :smile: (and it sang and soft-shoed, too)

Or maybe I'm just weird...

(no comments allowed from Emmy, Jackie, Nate, Joggy, Quinn...or anyone else who really knows me)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Come to think of it, the "musical rotating rain barrel" on the Muppet Movie always made my jump five feet in the air. My head once got stuck in the ceiling, but they pryed me down just before the grand finallie!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Hey, are you serious?! The sneeze is, like, the Anti-Christ!! :eek: The Egyptian thing was Ernie, the real Ernie is playful and cute and kiddy-like, therefore it's not as scary. :smile: (and it sang and soft-shoed, too)

Or maybe I'm just weird...

(no comments allowed from Emmy, Jackie, Nate, Joggy, Quinn...or anyone else who really knows me)
Have I mentioned that as a big kid, Byron scares me?