1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

What song can you not get out of your head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melissa@muppet, Apr 1, 2006.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Connection - OneRepublic

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I think this is one of the most underrated songs in Queen's catalog. Brian May doesn't get the credit he deserves as a songwriter, and he also has a lovely voice. Not bombastic like Freddie Mercury's, but still pleasant to listen to. Also, Roger Taylor supplied some amazing falsetto vocals, and John Deacon learned how to play upright bass JUST for this song. One of my favorite Queen songs of all time.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I agree. It's one of my favorites as well.

4. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

I dug out my tape of The Fox and the Hound over the weekend and watched it for the first time in like, nearly 20 years. IDK, actually might've been the first time I've seen the entire film. But I cannot get "Best of Friends" out of my head - it's such a beautiful tune. :cry:

5. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

That film made me cry. I won't forget the song "That's What Friends Are For".

Blue Frackle likes this.
  6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Wow, just the guy disciplining the dog in that clip was cute and sad; if the film made Any cry, I'm sure some messed up stuff happens in it.

Humans are not worthy of dogs.

Any Del likes this.
  7. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of people say it's one of the saddest Disney films, and it's certainly no joke. Seeing the two together as kids and then having to turn on each other when they grow up is pretty sad, but the ending though....

Blue Frackle likes this.
  8. Blue Frackle

I skimmed most of the key scenes on YouTube... seems like an underrated flick; the old lady abandoning the fox in the middle of the woods made me cry. I probably only cry about once a year, so there it was, lol. Disney is absolutely brutal with that stuff. It was like when that dumb kid abandoned Air Bud on that deserted island for no reason. Why did she have to get rid of the fox? I could never do that to animal.

The ending is kind of good, right? The hunter gets what he deserves, but I kinda feel bad for the other hunting dog for getting hit by a train cause he was just being loyal to his owner.

9. Blue Frackle

My God, the more and more I watch of this movie the more it was made to just destroy your heart strings.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  10. Blue Frackle

btw, that song totally reminds me of:

You shouldn't have introduced me to this movie; it shattered my life for like 5 hours. :D What a gamut of emotions. Kinda reminds me of some of the bittersweet Muppet stuff.

LittleJerry92 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  11. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ugh, same. That movie was so much sadder than most of their other ones. It used to come on TV all the time when I was little, I loved it but always felt really sad watching it. But it's definitely an underrated gem, same goes for The Great Mouse Detective and Oliver and Company.

LittleJerry92 and Blue Frackle like this.
  12. Blue Frackle

Here I am; Sunday night, laying in bed, should be sleeping but I'm up thinking about this **** movie. Really, I can handle most of it, but I cannot handle the lady abandoning the fox; they shouldn't have made it so sad. They should've made it where the fox was at least happy to be a free primal animal, but no, it has to follow the lady back, only to have to sit there and put the puppy face on, realizing it's being abandoned by its owner forever.

Like at least have the fox kiss the lady, smile at her and happily run into the woods as the lady wipes a tear away; I cannot handle the emotion of that scene.

Incase anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, watch at your own discretion; I'm 24, I rarely ever cry, had no context of the film and this had me balling like a little girl:

I would've moved to avoid getting rid of that fox, lol. I guess at least the fox ends up getting a smokin' hot babe.

13. Blue Frackle

I actually watched Doug Walker's review of this film; I'm a fan of his, but he totally dropped the ball regarding this scene. He said they should've used instrumental music instead of "whatever pop song was popular at the time"... that is what they did? Anyway, one of his commenters nailed why this scene is so sad:

14. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I would like this song. :shifty:

15. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

This song just randomly got stuck in my head. It's one of my guilty pleasures, honestly. :o

16. Pig's Laundry

Aw geez, why did I press play? Now it's stuck in my head, dang it! :rolleyes:

17. Blue Frackle

Some stupid song about Jason Aldean whining about Lynchburg, Tennessee... country Friday's at work suck.

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Millennium - Robbie Williams

19. Pig's Laundry

Country Fridays - oof.

20. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I love this song so much! It gets stuck in my head a lot, though, LOL.