What was Disney thinking?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
I am sure there is a lot of things out there that disney doesn't like....hmm take Dreamworks for example, who have recently been taking disney on a run for their money :stick_out_tongue:
Oh I know! I mean sure Spirit of the Stallion or whatever that was did just as bad as any Disney film this year, but Dreamworks with Shrek and other recent films have really given the Diz a run for their money. But I mean this had to be a RECORD year for baaaaaaad Disney films.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Beaker why is it all you can do is Dis disney oh and if you knew anything abotu the subjects you are talking you would know Pixar IS it's own company. Also how the heck can you say Mickey was a ripoff I dont believe so, there is absolutely no proof, Why do you have to complain you wouldnt have your stupid anime if it wasnt for Disney and I still think Treasure Planet was good, Tooth why do you criticize when you havent seen ANY of those movies. oh and people on laughingplace DO discuss Song OF the South and all those oter things. God you people are annyoing.

edit-sorry I forgot to put own,I was just angered by a couple of things.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I'm still mad at Mirimax for their "New strategy" of the Pokémon movies.

Selected Cities?
No cute featurette?

I think Warner Brothers should've kept it instead of people that didn't really know what they were doing. They still owe us "Castle in the Sky".....SINCE 1998. :mad:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
disney ... you would know Pixar IS it's company
Pixar is NOT a Disney company. Pixar is owned by Apple, I believe. Pixar just has a distribution deal with Disney, just like Henson did with MCC and MTI. Pixar only has a coule more movie to release with Disney and then they're out of that deal. They have an option to renew the contract, the can distribute on their own, or they can go with someone else. By then, it's believed by most that the company will be doing well enough on its' own to fly solo.

As for Mickey being a rip-off, whether he is or not, I wouldn't let anyone's depraciation of him for that fact(?) be a means for you to lose any wonder for the Mouse. I love Mickey. His best years were in the film shorts made between the late 20's and early 40's.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
His best years were in the film shorts made between the late 20's and early 40's.
I quite agree.

And he was SO not based on anything...

:rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
Beaker why is it all you can do is Dis disney oh and if you knew anything abotu the subjects you are talking you would know Pixar IS it's own company. Also how the heck can you say Mickey was a ripoff I dont believe so, there is absolutely no proof, Why do you have to complain you wouldnt have your stupid anime if it wasnt for Disney and I still think Treasure Planet was good, Tooth why do you criticize when you havent seen ANY of those movies. oh and people on laughingplace DO discuss Song OF the South and all those oter things. God you people are annyoing.

edit-sorry I forgot to put own,I was just angered by a couple of things.
I only 'dis' the 'diz' only when they need 'dis'ing and for another thiGn pIxAr iS not its own cmpany it is owned by ApPle so there ok but iT lookS like sometimes the Diz kind ov iNcorporAtes pIXar chraktaRz as if thHeY were their own and another thing of coures mICkeY iz not a ripof i wAz jus makIng a JokE kinD of likE what I am dOing here ok?

...and thus concludes my immature run on sentence masqurade:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by LadyHyde
I'm still mad at Mirimax for their "New strategy" of the Pokémon movies.

Selected Cities?
No cute featurette?

I think Warner Brothers should've kept it instead of people that didn't really know what they were doing. They still owe us "Castle in the Sky".....SINCE 1998. :mad:
Well, no offense (thoughn I dispise the stuff..) but Pokemon has kinda wained in interest after all these Poke like shows (Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh etc) came out... so I do not think warners was about to lose more money (the last film closed rapidly, did worse than Vegitales) on another Pokemon film.. now they might go and aquire Yugioh the movie or something like that...

Besides.. team Rocket should have done Ash in, and stole his pichaku season one...

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Well, it's still popular in Japan, and there's a good fanbase here as well. The 6th movie will be released next year in Japan, and Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are coming here on March 17th. So don't underestimate the otaku. :wink:

If you want to see an example of a company destroying a good Anime, look at "Cardcaptor Sakura". The Canadian company that did it had the prehistoric notion that little boys would not want to watch it so they started the series at episode 8 and inserted the first 7 episodes as flashbacks. (Which made a lot of us mad.) And we also don't get why they changed Li and Meilin's relationship. They're cousins, but she goes around saying they're engaged (WHEN THEY'RE NOT). What is so harmful about that? She's only 9 years old. Gimme a break.

But I REALLY want to see the two "Hamtaro" movies. The second has the Ham-Ham Harem. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ladyhyde... I meant here, in the US... The litle kids would rather see their Yu-Gi-Oh than Pokemon.. dispite it's fairly similar...

But I digress. Japan has a different value system when it comes to things like that. Though it may still be the hottest thing in Japan, it's seen as a "fad" over here, and it quickly fades to something JUSTlike it, and it evolves into something slightly different, but still similar. I mean, I only saw like 2 commercials about Pokemon 4, then the next day, I grabbed the paper, and it was in the second run theaters (actually it was 2 weeks..)

Personally, I kinda liked it when it first hit the US, but after a while I sympatized with the villain, and I couldn't see it anymore (that, and the fact they squished Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain into that little 30 minute cube, and showed 2 actually funny episodes, and like 5 more over and over)

At any rate, the fact is people over here want the "hot new thing" so bad, whatever used to be the hot new thing gathers dust in peoples memories... sorry if I offended you. One of my friends is a Pokefan, but cannopt stand the cartoon show.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Well, to make YOU feel better, I don't like how American kids are disloyal. Personally, I couldn't get into Yu-Gi-Oh!