1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the best thing that happened today?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by bouncingbabyfig, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bouncingbabyfig

bouncingbabyfig Well-Known Member

Hurray for... long term school trips to Anaheim, California! In March!;) my lines completely wrong and I'm so happy! Yaaaay!!:)
    *If you don't know what I 'm talking about, check out a verry merry muppets Christmas bloopers*:D
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    Heh heh...good one! :news:

Best thing today...after a very frustrating night of converting files and running into unexpected problems, I found out my friend's Mac is dying (it's quite old), and she needs Photoshop for her good-enough-to-sell photos (she just got invited to sell her stuff at a good, legit Euro photo site)...sigh.

So, although it feels like I'm giving up a new kitten, I'm sending her my new used Mac before I get too attached to it despite the quirks. And yes, after the ridiculously stressful night and afternoon I've had, being able to do something nice and useful IS the best thing that's happened. Just hoping paying it forward does indeed work out.
    ---------------------
    Ozymandias and bouncingbabyfig like this.
  3. bouncingbabyfig

Me too, so you get a new used Mac, only to give it away? That's....bitter sweet. :smirk:But I think it's sweet of you doing something like that for your friend! It shows you trully care for her.:) I think that nice guys never finish last.;)
  4. newsmanfan

-----------------
    Oh, I'm not selfless. I'll benefit from this too, long-term, since in helping her get her debts paid down I'm moving closer to being able to get the heck out of Tucson. She paid my way years ago when I was unemployed, so I'm returning the favor. I'm no saint, but I do believe in honoring favors, especially when they were freely given in the first place without expectation of payback!

I already packed the Mac up to mail so I won't even think about it anymore.

Best thing today...having a box waiting for me last night when I came home of Muppet things sent for my birthday, and staying up all last night to write! :news:
    ------------------
    bouncingbabyfig likes this.
  5. bouncingbabyfig

Ah! But still is good, no? A good thing that happened to me was, I looked at myself in the mirror and told my self something Ive denied my whole life: I'm beautiful. It's only because for every day of my life, from k-6, I was told I was ugly, I didn't fit in, and that I was fat.:p But since 7th grade, I've been treated differently. I found out who I was partly, and I realized that you don't half to be like everyone to be pretty. You can be unique. So I feel better about myself. Will I win beauty pageants? No. Can I live up to my own expectations and goals and be proud of them? Absolutely. X////X I have no idea why I'm sharing this, but I am.:)
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

The best thing that happened to me...Um...I got punched in the face!:laugh:
  7. basicallygood

basicallygood Member

My friend gave me two Muppet PEZ dispensers (Kermit and Animal) as a late birthday present today. Surprisingly enough, they're the first Muppet merchandise anyone's ever given me, so that made them pretty darn special! :):halo:
    Muppet fan 123 and heralde like this.
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

My mom brought a cupcake to me XD
    KirbTreelo05 and bouncingbabyfig like this.
  9. bouncingbabyfig

Awww! Happy Birthday! I used to eat pez all the time! In any case, anything muppetty is pretty dern special!;)
  10. bouncingbabyfig

Why did you get punched? You ate the missing cupcake didn't you?!:eek:
  11. bouncingbabyfig

Haha! Awesome! Did it have sprinkles?:D
  12. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

*looks around* Maaaaaaybeee...
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Yep. It was a red velvet cupcake with the most amazing...I guess cream cheese icing, it certainly wasnt butter cream, and it had those little round sprinkles on it :D
    heralde likes this.
  14. bouncingbabyfig

Yumm! I need to eat something, that sounds good right now! I love Red Velvet!
  15. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Yummmmmmmm!:)
  16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

After being so stressed out over work, I'm finally going to have a chance to specialize in strokes and be part of a special unit. Yay me!
  17. newsmanfan

Kickbutt Kelly! :excited: Am sure you'll be happier and do very well there!
    ----------------