1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I just bought Tiny Toon Adventures: Crazy Crew Rescues

2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Went to Target today to get some things and took the opportunity to pick up some Blu-rays.

Argo - Awesome movie, hands down the best movie of 2012. I hope it wins big on Sunday.

Monsters, Inc. 3D - I missed the 3D re-release in theaters, wanted to upgrade the movie to a Blu-ray for a while like I've wanted to all the Pixar films I haven't gotten to yet.

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

The Best of Whose Line Is It Anyway? - I've wanted DVDs of this show for a while and this was the cheapest, so I snapped it up finally thanks to a gift card.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Pixar Short Films Vol. 2 - Been waiting for this to come out since getting the first one.

5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember:

Muppets Magic: Because there's a lot of great material on there

Old School Volume 3: Because duh!

Being Elmo: I got a B&N gift card and this was the perfect thing to spend it on

6. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Barney Loves You - A set of three Barney DVDs I already have for only $13?! Sign me up! :D

[​IMG]
    (It's a completist thing) :laugh:

7. BobThePizzaBoy

I haven't picked it up yet, but it's looking like since I just printed out a $7 off coupon for it I'll be buying the 3D Blu-ray of Wreck-It Ralph on release day after all. I'm sure I'll pick up something esle there too since I'm such a Blu-ray-grubbing guy. I'll let you know on Tuesday. :crazy:

8. BobThePizzaBoy

ScBig haul today...

Wreck-It Ralph - Thank you $7 off coupon. Besides, it's an awesome movie and if I own Brave (have I mentioned how much I hate that movie as of late? :p), I'd want to own a much better animated movie from last year to go with it.

Schindler's List - It was coming out today and I want more Spielberg in my DVD collection and I figured this would probably be a good Spielberg movie to start with.

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial - This was spur of the moment since Staples completely failed me when I went to go buy a digital camera yesterday and came out emptyhanded so I had a bit more money to splurge today. I went with buying this for the same reasons as Schindler's List and that it was cheap enough. It's a great movie anyway so why wouldn't I want to own it?

9. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Play with Barney. Because Barney's name and face are on it. :p

10. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

The Land Before Time. This movie brings back so many childhood memories of mine.

11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Since I was given a considerable amount of spendature for my birthday, I decided to invest in a few new DVDs.

I got the first two TOY STORY movies - 1 to replace my 20-year-old VHS copy, and 2 because I never owned a copy of it . . . so it's kind of nice to see 3 isn't alone on my shelf anymore.

I also got THE GREEN MILE, as it's a really superb movie with a stellar cast, and great acting; I'm a little surprised I would enjoy such a dramatic movie, but I do.

I also ordered the first two seasons of THE ODD COUPLE (Tony Randall and Jack Klugman, thank you very much) - I intend on purchasing the other seasons, but at a later time, I decided to just order the first two to start with.

12. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

The two most newest DVDs I bought for me were.
    Gremlins 2: buy one get 1/2 sale at FYE, so why not.
    Old School Volume 1: Next I have to track down the last volume 3.

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  13. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

The Spongebob Movie Sponge Out of Water because of good reviews and my love of kids movies

14. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Last time I bought a DVD was when I went Christmas shopping at Best Buy last year. I bought four movies:

Muppets Most Wanted - Bought this because of obvious reasons. :)
    Frozen
    - Bought it so me and my family could watch it together. I haven't seen the whole movie yet, weird enough.
    Full Metal Jacket - I've wanted to see the whole movie after I heard about it a while ago. I was interested in seeing what Marine boot camp was like, and knowing Stanley Kubrick directed the film, I decided to get it.
    Office Space - I used to spend lots of time on YTMND, and I knew the "I believe you have my stapler" meme came from this. I thought the plot summary was interesting, so I bought the movie. I haven't had a chance to watch the entire movie yet.

15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Gosh, I couldn't began to list all the DVDs and Blu Rays I bought since the last time I've posted here. But here are a few I bought recently in the past year or so...

Muppets Most Wanted- Being a member on this forum should explain that.
    Batman: Assault on Arkham- Because I love Batman. And the fact that one of my geek crushes Harley Quinn is in it.:flirt:

Plus a ton more super hero themed movies and tv show DVDs including the 1994 Fantasic Four series, the last two Superman movies, the Amazing Spider man 2 and Batman vs Robin.

Also...

Kim Possible all seasons- Costed me some good money but I wanted it so, I'm happy.

The California Raisins Collection-
    I've been waiting to get this for awhile now. Good fruit singing Motown claymation fun.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't list them all right now, :)

16. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Stewie Griffin:The Untold Story. It was the funniest Family Guy episode EVER! Although, I was hoping for a Muppet reference. They even showed David Bowie without talking about Labyrinth, :(.

17. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

The Alvin Show. 3 episodes only, but it's a treat just to own some of this rare cartoon eye candy in high quality. I wouldn't mind double dipping when more DVDs come out, if ever.

Yorick likes this.
  18. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I just recently got the 80's Q-bert cartoon series on DVD. The show that was originally part of the Saturday Supercade series. It's great reliving that old rare cartoon based on a video game again. http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/21659

19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Bought the complete Beetlejuice the Animated Series DVD set for my fan-project what with wanting to have immediately accessible images of characters that don't have individual pages nor pics at the BJ Wiki. :batty:

20. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Old School volume 3