What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I bought a DVD collection of Walt Disney Christmas cartoons, mostly because it had Mickey's Christmas Carol and it was cheap, though I probably won't watch it until Christmas actually does come, :smile:.

Though I do enjoy Mickey's Christmas Carol, I have to say the Muppet Christmas Carol is far better. Though to be fair, the Muppets had much more time to make it better.

Man now I'm looking forward to Christmas even more so I can watch both without looking just a little foolish, :wink:, I know it's only June but again I found it cheap so why not?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bought a DVD collection of Walt Disney Christmas cartoons, mostly because it had Mickey's Christmas Carol and it was cheap, though I probably won't watch it until Christmas actually does come, :smile:.
Heh... it took me a while to find out that was actually on DVD. They didn't label it clearly, and the last Disney "Holiday" (or as I like to call it, clearly Christmas stuff with Christmassy imagery) release was just a bunch of generic winter cartoons. I really think that Mickey's Christmas Carol is one of my top favorites, my top being Mr. Magoo's Christmas carol. Outside of the fact they switched the past and present up...

Anyway, the next DVD I plan on getting... remember that Captain harlock one I mentioned... I was about to buy a "Copyright expired" copy of Hoppity hooper, the only Jay Ward cartoon that doesn't have an official DVD release yet... (not counting Crusader Rabbit... which they also have on an unofficial disk)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Heh... it took me a while to find out that was actually on DVD. They didn't label it clearly, and the last Disney "Holiday" (or as I like to call it, clearly Christmas stuff with Christmassy imagery) release was just a bunch of generic winter cartoons. I really think that Mickey's Christmas Carol is one of my top favorites, my top being Mr. Magoo's Christmas carol. Outside of the fact they switched the past and present up...
Yeah it's a really good one, it's called "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Volume 9," when I first posted I totally forgot what it was called and wasn't near my DVDs, :smile:. But it also includes "the Small One" and "Pluto's Christmas Tree." Really good collection of Disney holiday cartoons.

Anyhow, I'm so happy cause today, I went to a local use DVD and found a copy of Disney's Beauty and the Beast 2 disc platinum edition, totally out of print and I just had to get it. :excited:

vaati64

Reaction score
I got 4 Dane Cook CD's that also have DVD's with them. Dane Cook is one of the funnies comedians of all time!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I got 4 Dane Cook CD's that also have DVD's with them. Dane Cook is one of the funnies comedians of all time!
That's really cool vaati64.

I would have to respectfully disagree though, in my honest opinion Dane Cook is one of the most overratted comedians of all time. But again that's just my opinion and I'm glad you'll be enjoying those CD/DVD combos.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are a few that i have bought just this past week and Friday.

The Best of Who's Line Is It Anyway?: (Pretty funny stuff. I've always had a thing for improve. This one has several Celebrity cameos. The funnest one is Richard Simmons. He cracks me up.)

Your Host Walt Disney: 1956-1965 (Just can't get enough of the older stuff of Disney. Also being that i'm going to be going to Walt Disney World at the end of July and part of August. I wanted to get some stuff to watch so i could say. I saw this on the DVD i bought. Pretty neat stuff to watch.)

Garfield's Pet Force: (Haven't watched it yet but when i do i'll let everyone know how i liked it.)

A Pup Named Scooby-Doo: Seasons 2,3 & 4 (Can't get enough of Scooby Doo and his pals. I watched every episdoe when it first aired. Loved it even when i saw pretty much every show on Cartoon Network too. So now i have it whenever i want to watch it.

Disney's Quack Pack: Volume 1 (I know everyone wished they would have released a much bigger veriatiy of shows and i know i would have rathered have more then just three but what can you expect from Disney. I wanted to because i just love Donald Duck and it's cute to see the kids as teenagers. Hope in the future they relase a season or better volume.)

Plus i got another DVD on the way from ebay. I just got it last night. It's another one of the Disney Treasures, "DisneyLand USA." Can't wait to watch that one too.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just bought "The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 7-part 4-"the Raphael slice." There are many reasons as to why I would buy this...

1) Though I plan on buying all four of the season 7 sets, "the Raphael slice" was the one I had to buy first, cause Raphael is my favorite turtle. So just in case I don't get the other three, at least I have my favorite, :big_grin:. It comes with a tiny Raphael that looks like the original figures.

2) I love TMNT

3) It's easy to see, that I LOVE CARTOONS and TMNT was one of my favorites growing up. I plan on buying more DVDs original series, as I do have a long way to go, (Right now I only have the volume one DVD and now this one. I actually did have volume two and season 4 (the way lionsgate released these DVDs is really odd), but I'm a fool and actually traded them in, now I'm kicking myself cause I have to and want to re-buy them, god I'm mad at myself now, :mad:).

Here's a big surpise that I didn't know about as I'm watching this DVD as I'm writing this. Tokka and Rahzar whom many of us would remember best from the second movie-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secert of the Ooze, actually have appeared in the cartoon. I'm watching the episode titled "Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter" and their they were. Plus they're very different from the movie couther-parts, where as they were seen, as Shredder puts it, "babies". However in this cartoon they actually talk and seem very intelligent particularly Rahzar, :wisdom:. Their look is almost excatly like their look in the movie. Man that totally surpised me.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't have, but I did, I bought another one of those TMNT-season 7 sets. This time Season 7-part 2: The Michelangelo Slice," heck it was only ten bucks again.

Even though this set clams to be season seven, in many ways it actually has only one episode from the actual season 7, as it actually contains mostly episodes from what is known as "the Vacation in Europe sideseason" which were actually produced before season four. I'm watching the episode titled "the Irish Jig is Up," I have to be honest I'm annoyed at Raphael's voice as it's easy to see it's not Rob Paulsen and truthfully doesn't sound very good. Plus I know Jim Cummings when I hear it and he took over the voice of Shredder in this episode and probably others ( I haven't watched the whole thing yet), which is usually the role of James Avery, best known for the part of Uncle Phil in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.