1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

In honor of my birthday Thursday, I treated myself to...

[​IMG]Needless to say, I've heard quite a bit about this movie, but haven't seen it for myself. When I got home, I popped it right in and loved it. I've read Kevin Clash's book "My life as a Furry Red Monster" and still this movie gave me a new found love and respect for the work of Clash, he is truly passioned about his craft, it's inspringing.

and

The Iron Giant: Special Edition- Because it's a pretty darn good and fairly underratted animated movie for only 5 bucks.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

My latest Disney Movie Club order just arrived, The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart. Watching Returns right now, awesome so far, naturally. ;)

Up next, waiting for So Dear To My Heart, redeemed some points for it through Disney Movie Rewards. :D
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  3. JustinHoskie

JustinHoskie Member

Liza with a Z! and (finally) Little Shop of Horrors.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  4. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Intended cut?!
  5. JustinHoskie

JustinHoskie Member

No. Just the standard DVD. (I've bought the movie on iTunes, but hadn't bought the DVD yet.) There still hasn't been an OFFICIAL announcement for The Intended Cut yet. Just Frank Oz mentioning it at a panel last fall and the MPAA saying that a cut by that name exists.
  6. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I hope it comes soon and on DVD because I don't have bluray.
  7. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

The Muppets Take Manhattan (Blueray/DVD Combo). I already had a copy of MTM. I got it for free from a cereal box. But I put it in a CD case. Right now, I can't find the CD case. I'm sure it's around somewhere. Anyway, I kind of wanted to buy it again. So, the reason is because.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I bought a whole bunch of cheap crap lately (the only kind I can afford)

Yu Yu Hakusho the movie/Ninku The movie: I've been trying to track that thing down for quite sometime now. And I found it at a convention for only 5 bucks.

Zotsky and Kaput: Three volumes of this great French cartoon, and all for a buck each. It's becoming one of my new favorites It's like Invader Zim meets Pinky and the Brain meets Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Silverhawks vol 1: 4 Bucks for 32 episodes.... not bad at all.
  9. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

WALL-E (two-disc edition)
    I watched it before in class, but I bought it just for the director's commentary.
  10. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Doctor Who: The Sensorites - Because I've been looking for a William Hartnell story and it was the only one they had.

Doctor Who: The Happiness Patrol - It seemed interesting.
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Toy Story and Toy Story 3 3D Blu-rays - I've been meaning to buy these for a while because my family actually does own a 3D TV, but I had to wait till I got a paycheck that could justify spending $65 on these two. I previously owned the toy box trilogy box set which you shouldn't buy because it's a huge waste of space and am buying the 3D Blu-rays to replace them. I'm buying Toy Story 2 next paycheck I get with A Bug's Life in tow so I can finally complete my Pixar collection (well, every Pixar movie except a certain automobile sequel that came out last summer...). Then there's upgrading the Pixar movies I already have to Blu-ray. I'm such a dork. :fanatic:

I also recently bought...

Flushed Away - Got a fullscreen copy of this in my Easter basket the year this movie came out, never opened it due to a pan-and-scan job and sold it on eBay two years later after hiding it for so long. Found it in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart and couldn't resist buying it.

The Iron Giant: Special Edition - Also in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Wanted this one for a while since it's the one good WB Feature Animation film, totally worth $5. I still have the VHS somewhere but I can't play it due to my lack of VCR. :o
  12. ZeppoAndFriends

Phineas & Ferb: The Perry Files - I'm a P&F fan and it had several episodes that I'm particularly fond of.
  13. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I think the last DVD I that I got was Season Two of The Muppet Show. :)
  14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Howard the Duck- I've been on a bad movie kick for some strange reason. This is like the all time best worst movies.

Angry Beavers season 3 part one- found a used copy for cheap, so I had to get it. Loved the 90s nick toons.
  15. ZeppoAndFriends

Doctor Who: Resurrection of the Daleks - Umm...yeah, that.

Fun and Fancy Free - It's one I've been trying to find for a while now (ever since my VHS copy went wonky).
  16. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

last dvd i bought was Great Muppet caper its because i needed it for my muppet collection
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2 Blu-rays - I want to complete my Pixar collection even though these DVDs are taking forever to ship due to a credit card problem. Might have to cancel and order it again and later tonight I am buying...

[​IMG]

The long-assumed out-of-print DVD that's been going for insane prices on Amazon and I had a now-broken-and-lost VHS copy back in the day, it turns out nowadays is available again through the distributor online for a great price. A great way to see Jim Henson's early years legally on DVD if you ask me.
  18. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Hugo - Pretty good movie. But I just bought it because I have been wanting something to watch.
  19. BobThePizzaBoy

Not a real DVD set, but I just ordered the complete Jim Henson Hour for our old buddy KermiClown.
  20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I bought A celebration of me grover !!! :super: