1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJandJanice, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

The Muppets. You know why.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  2. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

No. I am unaware as to why you would want such a movie. Would you care to enlighten us as to why you would make that purchase?
    JustinHoskie and Dominicboo1 like this.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------
    "The Muppets", of course...and right before that, though it was more a miniseries than a movie, "The Triangle." Just for Sam Neill looking all smug.

------------------
  4. muppetspot2

muppetspot2 Active Member

simpson sesaon ten it was a present to me :super:
  5. Dominicboo1

Well as can be expected from my joining this website, I am a major Muppet fan.
    Besides it's a fantastic film by every sense of the word fantastic. It has great songs, the best humans ever in a Muppet movie, and hilairous humor!Muppets I'll always love you.
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

So many updates!

The Muppets - why else?

Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey - see above

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Friendship Express - Because I like the show, wanted to see episodes I've missed out on. And besides, it might be the last time we see Derpy the way we know her. "I just don't know what went wrong!"

Rocko's Modern Life: Season 2 - Bought it as a cover-up for my parents who pay be wondering about a package full of ponies (see above) but I wanted it for my collection anyway, even if I barely watch my Rocko DVDs.
    JustinHoskie likes this.
  7. JustinHoskie

JustinHoskie Member

The Blu-Rays to Toy Story and Toy Story 3.
  8. ZeppoAndFriends

Saracasm is a foreign language to you, isn't it? :skeptical:

...or were you resarcasming me?
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. Dominicboo1

A bit of both actually.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  10. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Big LOL at the 2 above posts, ha ha.

This week, 2 new DVD's and 1 bluray made their way to my mailbox, yay!

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro - Being a fairly recent Miyazaki fanboy, I'd put off owning the actual DVD as this fantastic film is readily available on Netflix instant streaming (watch it all the time). But due to now owning all his other magnificent films on bluray & DVD, I just had to have the physical product in my collection. :D

The Cat in the Hat: the Original Cartoon Classic - All March long, with the 2nd having marked Dr. Seuss' own birthday, I'd been expanding my Sons' Seussian book collection. As "Cat" and "Green Eggs" are a couple of his favorites, I decided my Boy had to see their respective cartoons, the awesome classics that I grew up with and loved. "Cat" was the most recent to arrive, "Seuss on the Loose", " Horton Hears a Who", "Daisy Head Mayzie", and "The Lorax" all arrived previously throughout last month. So far, "The Sneetches" is his favorite in the 'toon versions. :D

Dinosaur - I know a lot of Disney enthusiasts give this film a hard time, but I've never understood why! :confused: I think those people need to give it another watch; the art is beautiful (love the combination of animation within live environments), and the storyline and acting are well above par for most of the current age of Disney fare. Heck, it's a great movie compared to most movies from ANY studio these days! Anyhow, it's a film I've always loved, and yet somehow I'd only owned the VHS. With Disney Movie Rewards' current offer of getting a free bluray when you enter 2 codes, it was an easy choice, just paid around 4 bucks for shipping. My Boy loves dinosaurs almost as much as his Daddy, so I really can't wait to show him this movie! It'll probably be our Dinner Movie tonight, ha ha.

Cheers all!
    :)
    Anthony
  11. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Being Elmo. This feeling that I HAD to have it kept growing the more people talked about it and the more annoyed I became at the fact that the film never played anywhere near me.
  12. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

13. ZeppoAndFriends

Being Elmo - Because I had to.

R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It - Saw it on Cartoon Network a couple years ago, liked it and it was only five bucks.
  14. Dominicboo1

Hugo-It was great. I read the book, but don't remember it. It's well worth the money.
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

A Bug's Life 2-DVD edition. Why'd I buy it? I love that movie. Plus, it was the movie that turned me on to DVDs. I was sticking with VHS, unimpressed by the same ol' thing in a different format. Who wants to re-buy everything? Then a pair of friends invited me over and showed me A Bug's Life on DVD, complete with all the extras. From that point on, I was hooked!
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  16. Karamazova

Karamazova New Member

I pre-ordered The Artist, because it was a fantastic movie and I want to watch it obsessively.

The last DVD I actually physically bought was Schindler's List. Again, because it is a good movie. Plus, I want the documentary footage for reference.
  17. muppetspot2

the muppets wock wocka best movie ever
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  18. Dominicboo1

You have excellent taste in films sir.
  19. muppetspot2

20. Dominicboo1

You're welcome!