What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I got Muppet Treasure Island the other day. It was only 13 dollars and came with a collectors tin, stickers, a notbook and a pencil. I have it on VHS so it seemed like a good idea to get the DVD especially since it was so cheap. Just hoping it has all the scenes. We got Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD and there was the widescreen version and the fullscreen version with "extra scene" come to find out that scene was Belle's song. But It was still a nice buy so I'm not too worried.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I bought the Veggie Tales "Jonah" movie yesterday- it was $5 at Big Lots.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
1001 Classic Commericals- It was only 5 bucks and I do have a certain kind of enjoyment out of ads, especially the animated kind. One commerical featured my beloved Boo Berry, which made me happy.
Where did you find that? I have this sick enjoyment of watching old commercials. So does the rest of my phychology class apparently (long story). :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bought a Mickey MouseClub (the 1950's one, that is) DVD... but it's a gift for someone for Christmas... shhhh!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
If that's what Viacom plans for the license, they can just forget my support of their buyout. What did they do? Tape the special off of TV? I HATE HATE HATE "oh well it's something" releases. If that's going to be the route they're taking, I can't wait to be disappointed by all the other things they're not going to do.

That's not even worth 10 bucks. Thanks for NOTHING Viacrap. And if I do feel I have to buy it, I'll wait until the inevitable bargain bin clearance. How could they NOT even get the uncut version. Bull!
Agreed, it's a total shame and to be frank, I did feel more than a little ripped off when I paid my ten bucks for this DVD. :mad:
Where did you find that? I have this sick enjoyment of watching old commercials. So does the rest of my phychology class apparently (long story).
At Target (which is also where I'm working for a seasonal job) and as mentioned it was only 5 bucks.

Also I went ahead and rebought The Great Muppet Caper a few weeks ago. Plus I redeemed some "coke points" (of course meaning I didn't actually buy it) for The Simpsons: Season 13 and got it in the mail a few days ago. Pretty happy to have this in my collection, though it's a somewhat long gap considering that before this Simpsons set, my collection was seasons 1 thur 6 and now 13. Still it was like 425 points, which is a pretty great deal.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series - Because I'm a BIG fan of Doctor Who and Best Buy had in on special. :smile:sing: I didn't have to pay eighty bucks :sing: (No gloating intended)).

Slackbot

Reaction score
I got the animated Fraggle Rock. And may I say, OY.