What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Got Studio Ghibli kick

The last two DVDs I bought were Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki movies, cause I'm a HUGE fan of his work. They are...

Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)- The last one I needed to get when Disney re-release four of this movies earlier in the year.
Nauzicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984)- Plus this was his first movie.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
MST3K 20th Anniversary Edition Set - Because I've been actively searching for MST3K box sets and this was the first I was able to find (and it had my favorite episode, Werewolf, in it).

And, throught DMR:

Geppetto - Because I'm a fan of odd musicals (although there were a few places that were a little too odd, even for me).

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
La Traviata on DVD, 2008 production in Milan, all-regions disc made in Germany, filmed by Italians.

I bought this as a result of looking at which new opera DVD's were selling like hotcakes in France.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
How to Train Your Dragon - the Blu-ray+DVD combo pack (my very first Blu-ray and I don't even have a player yet). I loved this movie seeing it in theaters and thought it was one of the best movies of 2010 so far so I had to pick it up. Great, great film. Buy it if you have yet to see this movie.

Slackbot

Reaction score
In the same Amazon order:

Dead Alive: Because I'm a fan of campiness, and I was not disappointed. I want the kung fu priest's slogan on a T-shirt.

Fraggle Rock: I never saw the series when it was first on, not having cable. But I'm a Muppet fan, and the price is right, so why not?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
MST3K: Volume XVIII - I'm an MST3K fan, no reason required.

Alien: Resurrection Collector's Edition - Because I was hungry for extended cuts of the Alien movies (Except the third, I hated that one).

Nicktoons Halloween - Because they don't show the Hey Arnold!or Rugrats Halloween specials anymore and it was only $9.99 on Halloween we-need-to-get-rid-of-it clearance.

Quesal

Reaction score
I got the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight series on DVD because I never was able to catch it on TV. Now I have it and it's pretty cool!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Bought quite a few since last time I posted...

Including...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever- Really loved this special speaking as a huge TMNT fan, but it's just too bad Viacom has to be so bad at handling DVDs. This DVD had NOTHING, no bonus features, no artwork on the DVD itself, NOTHING. Which wouldn't have been so bad had it been the "uncut" verison and it's not. You got more out of watching this special online with the CW4Kids website. Still enjoyed this special a lot though.

1001 Classic Commericals- It was only 5 bucks and I do have a certain kind of enjoyment out of ads, especially the animated kind. One commerical featured my beloved Boo Berry, which made me happy.

Looney Tunes: Golden Collection-Volume 5- Still wanting to collect these and it was at a pretty fair price. Too bad Warner Bros isn't going to make anymore. All I need is volumes 3 and 6 now.

Race to Witch Montain- the only "non-animated" DVD or Blu-Ray I bought. It was only 5 bucks, so I figured I'd check it out.

James and the Giant Peach: Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack- Enjoyed the movie and founded it at a pretty fair price.

Howl's Moving Castle- Still building up my Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli collection.

Monster's Inc: Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack- Again found it at a fair price and wanted the digital copy. Love this movie.

The Cat Returns- For the same reason as Howl's Moving Castle. Love love LOVE me some Miyazaki movies.

Toy Story: DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack- Because I, of course, am a HUGE fan and cause I was able to get ten bucks off with the purchase of my next Blu-Ray...

Toy Story 3: Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo- Reserved my copy at Toys "R" Us months ago and man I'm glad I did. Not only did I get this TS3 set, but I got ten bucks off the first Toy Story. But I REALLY got hooked up at TRU that day, along with those Blu-Rays and DVDs, I also got a Toy Story wall clock, a Toy Story tin with popcorn and a ten dollar TRU gift card. I was one SUPER happy Toy Story fan boy that day. :smile:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Complete Book Collection 1, 2 & 3 - I was mulling over getting these for a while now and was glad I finally caved in.

I popped in the first disc and immediately remembered why I loved it in the first place. Also, they were on sale, which I didn't realize until I got home and looked at the receipt (I seem to have an uncanny knack for doing that :scary:).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Including...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever- Really loved this special speaking as a huge TMNT fan, but it's just too bad Viacom has to be so bad at handling DVDs. This DVD had NOTHING, no bonus features, no artwork on the DVD itself, NOTHING. Which wouldn't have been so bad had it been the "uncut" verison and it's not. You got more out of watching this special online with the CW4Kids website. Still enjoyed this special a lot though.
If that's what Viacom plans for the license, they can just forget my support of their buyout. What did they do? Tape the special off of TV? I HATE HATE HATE "oh well it's something" releases. If that's going to be the route they're taking, I can't wait to be disappointed by all the other things they're not going to do.

That's not even worth 10 bucks. Thanks for NOTHING Viacrap. And if I do feel I have to buy it, I'll wait until the inevitable bargain bin clearance. How could they NOT even get the uncut version. Bull!