What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Quesal

Reaction score
I got the Japanese Movie, Kamen Rider Deacde: All Riders vs DaiShocker because it has action, pyro technics and deep emotions in the story line and it's just plain epic!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That said, I managed to pick up the "Season 4" set (which is basically half of season 4) mainly because it was cheap AND the fact I didn't see the banned episode yet.
That's the main reason I've been buying DVDs, :smile:. Anyway I got..

Dreamworks' Chicken Run-I've seen bits of this movie and it looks pretty good, the main reason though is cause Wal-Mart had it brand new for only 5 bucks. Figured why not?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80s series): Season 8-For the same reason I've bought the last I don't know eight or so TMNT DVDs I've mentioned here, :zany:. Not too impressed with these episodes truthfully, but I was happy it included an episode titled "Cyber-Turtles" which feature a very rare appearance from Casey Jones. Casey, of course, wasn't used as a main character in the 1987 series as much as he was in the comics, movies and the newer cartoon series. I really do hope Loinsgate will release the last two seasons of this series soon, even with the god awfully lame villian of Lord Dred.

vaati64

Reaction score
Two more today, this time from Target

Dan In Real Life

Been wanting this one for a while, and figures $9.00 was a reasonable deal

Be Kind Rewind

Didn't have the money for this one when it originally came out like 2 years ago, and forgot about it until now when I saw it at Target as well for $8.00

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Is there a forum like this or like "What TV series seasons do you own..." for CDs? Or can I make one myself, as I'm unsure because I'm only a Member.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are the ones i've bought lately.

The Complete Animated Fraggle Rock Series (Really have been enjoying this. I watched when it first hit the air and am remembering everyone i watch)

Chuck: Season 2 (Enjoyed the first season and this one is pretty much getting better and better. I just hope the two main characters get together in this season)

Mr. Ed: The Complete 2nd Season (Watched ever since Nick at Nite and still am today)

The Donna Reed Show: Season 1 (Had bought the second season and figured i was never going to find the first and i did. Glad to have them both. Now for season 3.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've bought these though ebay...

Frank and Ollie (Special Edition)- A documenty of two top Disney animators. Thought it looked really interesting, so I looked for it on ebay and bought it. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color volume 2- Because I wanted some more Mickey Mouse cartoons. It also came with the Prince and the Pauper and Mickey's Christmas Carol, which means this is the third time I've bought these two shorts on DVD, :smile:.

Looney Tunes: Golden Collection Volume 2- Because it's Looney Tunes and I found it on a great deal for $8.50 with free shipping. Awesome 4 disc set.

Popeye the Sailor: Volume One-1933-1938- 4 disc set. I'm still wanting to collect many Golden Age Animation cartoons and Popeye is of course one of them. I've been wanting this set for awhile but wasn't able to find it at a decent price, til now. Glad to own this set.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (80's): Volume 6-Because it was cheap and I'm still collecting TMNT DVDs. This set has an episode titled "Mr. Ogg Goes to Town" and it might be the worse episode of TMNT ever. This Mr. Ogg character was just a total Pee Wee Hermen rip off.

and these ones I've bought from used DVD stores...

B.O.B's Big Break-I actually don't have the actual Monsters vs Aliens yet, but I found this cheap and I liked the movie. I do plan on buying the movie sometime.

Greg Giraldo: Midlife Vices- Cause I found it for only five bucks and I think Greg Giraldo is a pretty funny comedian. I couldn't pass it up for that price.

Bass: Slappin & Playing- Just a how to play bass guitar DVD. I love learning to play new insturments,:sing:, though I don't own a bass guitar yet. But when I do and I do plan to, I'll be ready. Plus it was only 4 bucks.

and finally...

Wallace and Gromit: The Complete Collection- Features the four shorts: A Grand Day Out, the Wrong Trousers, A Close Shave and, the newest one, A Matter of Loaf and Death. Been waiting this set, since I saw it awhile back. But the store I saw it on had only one copy and when I went back it was sold. I didn't see it again til this time and I had to get it.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I got growing pains seasons season one got it brand new :excited::insatiable: been wanting it for so long told myself was not going to get any dvds though just the new princess and the frog because you have to get them as soon as they come out because disney does not leave them out that long .

I just could not pass up geting growing pains season one for 6 dollars great internet deal .

I can not wait to get the facts of life for in a month been waiting for years for that but my dad gave me a gift card to barns and noble for that hehe:smile:

muppet fan girl

Reaction score
I just got fraggle rock wembley's egg surprise and down in fraggle rock. :excited:
I got them because i saw a episode online and now i'm addicted to it! :embarrassed:

Quesal

Reaction score
I was at Wal-Mart and found an old Power Rangers Mystic Force DVD- Dark Wish. That was a cool 3 part episode and this old DVD was only 5 bucks so I got it. Put me in a good mood!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just got fraggle rock wembley's egg surprise and down in fraggle rock.
I got them because i saw a episode online and now i'm addicted to it!
Even though I know I shouldn't, I have to ask...

Why not just buy the season sets than? :confused: