What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here are the newest ones i've bought.

Fantasic Mr. Fox (Movie) (Pretty funny. Really thought they did a good job in finding the voices.)

The New Mighty Mouse Adventures: The Complete Series (Watched it ever since finding it on Saturday morning back in the 80's. Plus with everyone who helped with the show: Ren and Stimpy, WALL-E, Animated Batman Series and others)

Alvin and the Chipmunk: The Squeakquel (Really enjoyed it when i saw it in theaters and since my neices hadn't seen it yet i bought so they could see it later when they come over. I bought the one with the bonus disc which has some awsome features. I would concider buying the bouns disc with the movie. You'll really enjoy the features.)

Cool Bear

Reaction score
A Dark Knight because it was cheap and I had not seen it yet and I love Batman.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Firefly: The Complete Series My sister, brother, and I saw Serenity and really like it, but we've yet to see the original show, and I managed to find this at a pawn shop. And we like Joss Whedon's work.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I've bought quite a few DVDs since the last time I posted. They're starting to get really cheap, :smile:, well not all of them, but I mostly buy used. Away I got...

Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame- Because I'm collecting the Disney movies, and I needed to "rebuy" this one. Plus I got my DMR points for it.

Peanuts: 1960s Collection- Because I love Peanuts, I wish there was more bonus features though. Oh well, I guess since there are so many specials that are just great, it's not a huge loss.

Disney's Alice in Wonderland- Same reason as Hunchback, but this is actually one of my all time favorite Disney classics. I just love this movie so much. I have a bit of an odd crush on Alice, :smile:.

South Park: Season 13- I've been collecting all seasons of South Park released on DVD so far. Target had this at a GREAT price of 17.99 plus tax, great deal, especially since everywhere else I go, it's like double that.

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (The Movie)- I liked this movie ok, plus Big Lots had it for only 3 bucks.

The Smurfs: Season One, Volume one- I was on the feence about buying this, since Warner Bros released these so poorly. Releasing season one in two volumes sets, than releasing single disc DVD with only a FEW episodes, how lame is that? But I went ahead just cause I found it used and pretty cheap.

Casper the Friendly Ghost: The Movie- Because it was only 5 bucks at Target. This has some great bonus features including a song the Ghostly Trio (I love those guys) were going to sing called "Lucky Enough to be a Ghost." I loved the song, but it was cut sadly cause it would of cost too much money. Man that would of been great to see in the movie. Plus I'm a big Brad Garrett fan and love when he's voicing a character. This is a pretty decent movie.

My Name is Earl: Season One- The first non-animated DVD I bought in a long time, :smile:. As one can see I love animation and usually don't watch too many things that aren't animation. But I love this show.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary 4 Movie collector set- It has all four movies, which is why I got it. I did have the first movie on DVD for a long time (in fact it was the first DVD I ever bought), so I figured I would buy this set. It has a nice package, temporary tattoos and four turtle masks. Glad I got this set.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Casper the Friendly Ghost: The Movie- Because it was only 5 bucks at Target. This has some great bonus features including a song the Ghostly Trio (I love those guys) were going to sing called "Lucky Enough to be a Ghost." I loved the song, but it was cut sadly cause it would of cost too much money. Man that would of been great to see in the movie. Plus I'm a big Brad Garrett fan and love when he's voicing a character. This is a pretty decent movie.
I thought that was a great song, too. :big_grin:

I just wish they had synced storyboards to it or something instead of just the reference and the unfinished footage. It would've been nice to get a better idea of what they were going for.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The Princess and the Frog - I like Disney movies, is there any other reason?(I got the Blu-ray combo pack (mostly for the digital copy :smile:))

Where the Wild Things Are - I thought it looked like a good movie and I wasn't dissapointed (in fact it was the first time in years that I truly lost myself in a movie).

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - I like Monty Python and am trying to get all of their movies (and the series) on DVD.

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - I like Monty Python and am trying to get all of their movies (and the series) on DVD.
I don't like to brag, and I don't want to, but I kind of want to note it.

As I have noted below, I have the complete "16-Ton Megaset," all 45 episodes from 1969 to 1974 on 14 discs, with two extra discs, marking a total of 16 discs, 1 ton each.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I don't like to brag, and I don't want to, but I kind of want to note it.

As I have noted below, I have the complete "16-Ton Megaset," all 45 episodes from 1969 to 1974 on 14 discs, with two extra discs, marking a total of 16 discs, 1 ton each.
I saw that very set at Best Buy, but at the time I didn't have enough money on me to get it and haven't gotten a chace to go back since. :sympathy: <----*Pretends this is a 'sigh'*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last week I was this convention and I found a couple movies I've been trying to track down. AND CHEAP.

I got the 1983 Golgo 13 movie and the 1960's Toei animated Puss in Boots film. Also tracked down an out of print BT'X DVD (one of the only ones they made) for 4 bucks too the day before.