What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I can added to my already pretty big collection of animated DVDs...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Volume 2-This is the original 80s series. Pretty good episodes on this set including "Invasion of the Punk Frogs" and "Enter the Fly," where Baxter Stockmen turned into a mutant fly. Plus one I remember well from when I was a kid called "The Case of the Killer Pizzas." Happy to pick up this set.

Mad Monster Party: Special Edition- I hate to admit it, but I've never seen it. But it's seems like something I would enjoy. Plus being that I'm a mod of a "Stop Motion Fan Club" (that by the way REALLY needs more members), I'm a pretty big fan of stop motion animated (just as I am with all animation, :smile:, duh). I'm looking forward to checking this out.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Earthlings, a movie that anyone who wants a paradigm shift in the way they look at nonhuman animals.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey JJ... I bought Mad Monster Party last December also, as a b'day/Xmas present for myself. It's a neat little film with a couple of good songs. I won't spoil the villainistic shifts nor the ending for you... Suffice it to say that the white sheep of the Frankenstein family plays a big role when the Baron makes his announcement to the rest of the monster community.

vaati64

Reaction score
Extras: The Complete Series

been watching the episodes that someone uploaded on Youtube and decided to finally buy it. My Ricky Gervais collection is ALMOST complete.

vaati64

Reaction score
Ricky Gervais: Live: Animals, Politics, and Fame

Thanks you region free, PAL capable DVD player! :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hey JJ... I bought Mad Monster Party last December also, as a b'day/Xmas present for myself. It's a neat little film with a couple of good songs. I won't spoil the villainistic shifts nor the ending for you... Suffice it to say that the white sheep of the Frankenstein family plays a big role when the Baron makes his announcement to the rest of the monster community.
Yeah I'm happy than I bought it. I still haven't seen it, cause I'm kind of one of those guys that buys more DVDs than I can watch, :smile:. But I'll make time for it soon. Again I'm sure this is a movie I'll like, especially since I do enjoy the work of Rankin/Bass with their great christmas specials and all.

Anyhow, I've added even more to my collection...

Pawn Stars: Season One- I've seen some episodes on the History channel and got hooked. This is a really interesting show and that's saying something since I usually don't watch anything besides cartoons. But if you're into historic items, than you'll like this show.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Volume Five- Again this would be the 80s show. Because (not to sound like a broken record here), but I LOVE TMNT. I love the special lenticular packaging with my favorite turtle Rapheal. Some pretty decent and a few not so decent episodes on this DVD. A few of the decent ones include the debuts of Leatherhead and comic book legend (well some consider him to be a CB legend of sorts, I love this bunny myself) Usagi Yojimbo (though that's actually the name of the comic book he was in, the character's actual name is Miyamoto Usagi). Overall a great set to the Turtles collection. Now all I need is volumes 3 and 4, which makes up the rest of season 3, season 4 and season 6 and my collection is complete so far. Hopefully Loinsgate will relese seasons 9 and 10 soon.

Disney's the Black Hole- Another one of those movies I've never seen but I'm interested in doing so. I've heard some pretty cool things about this movie. Plus the fact that it comes with some DMR points is cool.

vaati64

Reaction score
Satrday Night Live: The Best of Jimmy Fallon

In my opinion, Jimmy Fallon is one of the funniest recent past NRFPTP.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
The Muppets Take Manhattan, I'm still collecting the Muppet DVDs. All my Muppet movies are on VHS. :zany:

hoopless

Reaction score
Just ordered Studio DC: Almost Live not because I liked it but because I feel obliged to support. At least I didn't have to pay full price because I had a discount voucher.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
The Great Mouse Detective: Mystery in the Mist Edition - My video of it broke and I love it to no end. Plus, it didn't hurt that Meijer had it on 'just released' sale.