1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What will Disney do with Muppet Babies?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by dwayne1115, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jamminjake New Member

2. how many signatures are we looking to get?
  3. jamminjake New Member

A lot! The more the better.:)
  4. well you'll be happy to know i was the first signature on :)
  5. tinweirdo New Member

I agree with Bean Bunny, I think they should move Muppet Babies to PLayhouse Disney. What do you think of this, have the puppet muppet babies from the "Muppet take manhatten" introduce the episode or talk to the viewers a little bit. "Goooo BYe Bye!!!" :o
  6. McFraggle Active Member

I would love to see it again. :)
  7. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Would you mind telling us what you have animated?

Also, what was M.U.S.C.L.E?
  8. maxdrive New Member

Muscles was a great 80's toy line it stood for millions of universaly small creatures lurking everywhere. they were small pink little figures that were huge in the 80s they were like tiny intergalatic wrestlers

here is a pic

http://www.newellsystems.com/muscle/collecting/images/fourpack.jpg

arnt they the coolest i wish they would bring them back
  9. jamminjake New Member

Maybe for Disney to celebrate 50 years of Green Special they will have a clip of Muppet Babies. My dream would for there to be an advertisement from Muppet Babies volume 1 coming... during a commercial break.
  10. McFraggle Active Member

I hope they acknowledge it as well. :D
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

To further expand on the idea.....

MUSCLE was based on Kinnikuman, a japanese manga and cartoon series which was originally a satire on their own "Ultraman" (Much like The Tick and Darkwing Duck being satires of American Superheroes). Down the line, they changed the comic's plot from Kinnikuman being a bad super hero to a wrestler. The cartoon was too violent for America back in the 80's, and was breifly shown in Europe, before a Character who was a Nazi (BTW, the characters were international stereotypes) caused so much controversy it was cancelled.

The idea was brought back in 1997, when the original creators decided to make a sequal of the series, Focusing on Kinnikuman's son, Kid Muscle (this is going to sound a bit familiar to some people). It was made into a cartoon in 2001, but flopped (the animation company moved alot around, and made everything a bit more juvenile) in Japan. It was brought over here in 2002, and called "Ultimate Muscle" which was a pretty good show... I liked it. They also, maxdrive, brought a toy line over here
    Back in 2002 These didn't do too well, and although 12 sets were produced, only 4 were sold nationally in America.

For more info, check out www.kinnikuman.com
  12. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i have a box of like 100 some muscle characters at home
  13. I only have very vague memories of them M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. I had forgotten all about them. Now that takes me back a bit.
  14. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

they were pink you bought 5 or so in a foil pack or 25 cents in a gumball machine

yep i loved them
  15. McFraggle Active Member

I remember when they used to put them in "Nestle's Quik."
  16. unclematt Active Member

I dont remember the Nestle's Quik thing.
  17. maxdrive New Member

yeah they had soem that were exclusive to quik even had a spceal school deal where they gave out tubes of them to chidren at schools
  18. unclematt Active Member

Wow you have a great memory
  19. McFraggle Active Member

I think I might vaguely remember the school thing. :)
  20. unclematt Active Member

God I feel like a loser