What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
An update on the "Marvelous Muppets" reboot...

I got the blessing from Robert (the creator of the Safire character) to include his and Alexis's character into the new series. I told him the role I'd chosen for her would be the cousin of the new character I'm creating for myself in the series. He told me they're really looking forward to seeing what I'll have for Safire in the new series. :smile:

Keep an eye out for photos of Alexis Embers, the woman behind the mask, as they're posted on Safire's website this week (Robert told me that they should be up).

I'm moving on right now to find one or two more friends for characters for the reboot. It looks like those Marvelous Muppets will be coming back better than ever next year, folks.
:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Curious to know meself. And you know I'd be honored if you decided to reprise my Edward Morbius character... Or even some of my self-created Rangers too which we can talk about privately.
Keep in good spirits buddy and I look forward to your updates.

Reaction score
Hey MW! Checked out the Ghostbusters profiles,....AWSOME! I LOVED it.
It sounds like I may be having a cat-fight somewhere in there. :eek: LOL Who wins? hehehhehe
Can't wait for the story to actually begin.!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey Sean, the profile is awesome! It's really neat getting background info on each of the characters before the story, great idea!

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
me too! that will be awesome too! You're the best Mupperwriter!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks for the marvelous comments, everybody. :smile: I'll have another batch of profiles next week: updates on the five ones I posted over the weekend and three new ones.

Some news for the day:

I'll start the special "commentary edition" of the Sesame, DC tale, "The Gotham Grouchfest", this week on the forum. Possibly tomorrow or Friday, depending on how much free time I'll have.

-----​

In addition to Alexis Embers (a.k.a. Safire), I found three friends off a site called BodySpace (the fitness equivalent of MySpace) to be in the "Marvelous Muppets" reboot. Their names and respected roles are listed below:

Wendy Foster (will be the third oldest sister of the "new sibling team" in the reboot; her occupation is still to be determined)

Kris (now officially the oldest sister; her occupation is crime scene investigator)

Lauren (the cousin to both the "new siblings" and Alexis; she goes through a drastic physical change in the first story, inspired by her real-life transformation from a victim of anorexia to a fit, healthy woman)

----​

I've been thinking a lot about the "World of Disney" story that I'm doing next year, and I decided on a really great MacGuffin (see definition here) in the forms of the plot and characters from the 1988 film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I'll explain more of where I'm going with this in future updates. :wink:

----

And finally...

I'm thinking of throwing my own Comic Con-related event here on Muppet Central and calling it "Muppet Con", in order to give full updates on upcoming stories (including the revised version of "Who Ya Gonna Call?") with characters from each answering questions and revealing special information (like in the panels at Comic Con).

If I go through with this idea, it'll run from early or mid-July to mid-August. :big_grin:

That's all I have for today.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
A follow-up on the update I'd given a few days back on the friends I'd found to portray siblings and cousins in the new "Marvelous Muppets" reboot:

Although they are members of my character's family, a strange plot twist in the first story will reveal something that'll contradict facts and they might not actually be members of my family.

Confused? That's what I'm hoping for. :wink:

The reboot won't be as straightforward as the original. It will test you--the readers--mentally and have you determine what's real or not in a fan fiction story. The first story, which I'm titling "The Untold Story", will bend the rules of reality and have you guessing the plot within each chapter you'll read.

Just to give a minor detail as to what I'm talking about, I'll spoil you a little with this new information:

There are two characters in the new series named Marvin and Vel (pronounced "Val"), Muppets who are comic book nerds that are members of the Muppet Central community, who read a story online that they question the true nature of as they read through the chapters. Their reasoning will lead to the belief that what they're reading might not be fiction, but reality.

I won't tell which story it is that they're reading, but it is from this particular forum.

I think I'll stop here on my update, because I believe I'm giving myself a "splitting headache" (hint, hint). I'll have more on this soon.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for that story.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Just a brief update on "Who Ya Gonna Call?":

The uniforms that I'll be using in the revision won't be reminiscences of the ones worn in the 1984 movie, its sequel, The Real Ghostbusters, or even Extreme Ghostbusters.

My version of the uniforms are black with six stripes running diagonally down the left front shoulder (blue stripes will be for the men and pink will be for the women). The GB logo is still patched on the upper right sleeve, only it's a little more 3D-ish, sticking out from the fabric.

The fact that the jumpsuits will be just as black as the Proton Packs in my remake gives in to the allusion that the new GBs are almost robotic in appearance, especially with Ecto-Goggles on (which will be used several times more in my story).

Sometime in the next week, along with the new profiles, I'll share with everyone my...I mean, Sean Spengler's new ghost-busting inventions. :wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Happy Fourth of July, everybody!:attitude:

As promised, I have a list of new ghost-busting inventions that you all can expect to read about in the "Who Ya Gonna Call?" revision:

Ecto Enhancer: a mini-ray gun that--when pointed at its target--supernaturally enhances body mass and muscle strength (turning them into a "Hulk-like" being).

Ecto Suit: a metallic armor made out of the hardest alloy on Earth, which protects the wearer from almost every earthly or ghostly form. It also repels high amounts of radiation, can withstand up to over 100 degrees, and fire protonic beams from small wands built-in above the wrists.

Ecto Camouflage: Made into the new jumpsuits, this fabric is way ahead of its time in the 1980s, as tiny micros enable the entire suit to switch to invisibility. Included ski masks help camouflage the head in order to completely vanish the wearer.

The Ecto-1,000,000,000: Sean Spengler's work in progress, which is a bit of a step up from the enhancements given to the 1959 Cadillac purchased by the team (eventually named "Ecto-1" or "Ectomobile"). The Ecto-1 Million is a jet-powered mini-train that can move from zero to five hundred miles per hour in just one milisecond. According to Spengler's research, the jet is believed to be the gateway into parallel dimensions, breaking all barriers of time and space.

Proton Bombs: Small, round metal balls that function like flash grenades, except they fire protonic energy that is effected only by ghosts or other supernatural entities. It renders them unconscious or momentarily stunned (depending on how powerful the specter is), long enough for the target to be captured.

Most other equipment that'll be featured will be based from other continuities (such as The Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, and the new Ghostbusters: Video Game). :smile:

I'll try to have some more profiles and updates to the earlier ones sometime by the end of the weekend.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Okay. I almost didn't get these finished on time, because I had so much to do today and so many friends to check on. Alissa Brown's dog was killed over the weekend, and I needed to check on her, as well as enlist in Donna Kymberleigh's help in creating a birthday greeting for my mother (whose birthday is this Thursday).

Unfortunately, I don't have updates to the previous profiles, but I do have new ones that feature more spoilers from the upcoming revision of "Who Ya Gonna call?". Enjoy!:smile:

Gonzo's Profile

Rizzo's Profile

Bunsen and Beaker's Profile (This profile I had intended on creating, but only recently did I realize how much it would explain the two Muppets' sudden disappearance from The Muppets Take Manhattan)

I'll have more in a couple of weeks for Pepe the King Prawn, Woodrow Peck (my version of Walter Peck), and Jareth the Goblin King. :wink: