Whats the deal with Series 10 ?

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie54 said:
I've been a bit out of the loop. Can someone tell me why might there not be a Series 10? :frown:
Because despite what Palisades originally thought, people arent really into the Muppets. My guess is 2/10 figures are actually sold.

Ya gotta remember, outside our little vacuum, sadly the Muppets as a serious collector things are underground.

Luke said:
You can scratch that it seems. I asked Ken about two weeks ago how the cow was going and he said all that had been done so far was collecting the reference matierial together and getting a few ideas down on paper.

It's hard to work out what the cow will come with actually, if we do see it.
Why couldnt have people voted for Droop? poo.

And to think, this might have been in series 11 had it not been for JHC selling out and splitting the franchises up:
http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Misc/Thurs9_16_04/lilGobo_Paint_Master.jpg

WiGgY

Reaction score
2/10? That's crazy. There are not ware houses full of toys. Each series has just about sold out. Series 4 is really the only one that stays on the self.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
seriously. The Muppet line making it to series 9 shows some SERIOUS clout in the toy world. That's a ton of figures, and I can only really think of the simpsons in the same genre that's made it further

WiGgY

Reaction score
I've got a huge self full and that's only about half the figures. So there are MANY of them. And it's not even really done because Ken has confirmed that no matter what there will be muppets in 2005. Maybe not as many, but they will be there. What I don't get is why retailers still think the fraggles will bomb. I think Palisades should just get the license and make them in small volme and maybe INCREASE from there instead of starting large and DECREASING.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Because despite what Palisades originally thought, people arent really into the Muppets. My guess is 2/10 figures are actually sold.

Ya gotta remember, outside our little vacuum, sadly the Muppets as a serious collector things are underground.
I don't think so. The Muppet line hasn't just been an underground thing. The trouble is it has gone through varying degrees of popularity over different periods. At the start it was this mass distributed line in all these big toy shops but the general action figure collectors hadn't caught onto it yet and the kids weren't interested in it so it had minor popularity. Once it had moved away from the big stores and more into the comic ones, and had got a bit of coverage from Toy Fare mag it became the next big fad for general figure collectors and the sales it seemed really picked up because there was 'us' as well as 'them' buying. As these lines go on for long periods of time they always lose distribution in places, and the Muppets are no longer the "new" big thing for general figure collectors who have started to move on (not to mention cult figure collecting has boomed since Simpsons/Muppets as the market is so crowded right now with loads of companies getting in on it) so it's back to pretty much just 'us' now, without even the big store support of S1.

Of course we can give them all the support we can, and hopefully that'll be enough for at least some nice choice products next year so they can run until the end of the license (and then maybe Fraggles i hope for another year or two). I am still jazzed by them, got a package today and they are such beautiful large articulated statues. The photos really don't so these justice. It's important to me that they keep up that quality though, even if they do just go mail order from now on.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think many collector's just stopped buying because they burned themselves out. When too many collector's buy 3 of every figure and then just stop, that's one case not sold. Then consider how many people do that. I know of some people that would buy multiple figures and then had to stop around series 6. That totally screws up the numbers.

Also, there are too many collector's that will pay huge amounts of money for an exclusive and end up not being able to continue with the line. If you pay 45 for a VC Beaker, you risjk not having that 45 for a set of 4 figures at retail. Collector's basically collect until they have to stop and that messes up numbers.

Example. Someone at the PAlisades boards has 15 adventure Kermits. 15! That will mess with the numbers for the next tour figure.

beaker

Reaction score
I think wave 5 was the last line where I bought every figure...from 2002 til then, I had gotten every figure, variant, playset,e tc. Now the only thing I collect is the mini Muppets or whenever a Muppet character has an articulated packin. It's a money and room thing. I'm curious ot see what the penguin and 3 robin scout packins will look like.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I hope Robin is better than Frog Scout Robin. That figure doesn't really look like Robin to me.

I should have stopped collecting long ago. I have no money and no room for anything. Every available space in my room has a figure on it. It's insane. I can't imagine what Simpson collector's go through.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, WiGgY, if you think we've got it bad... just think about the serious Spawn collector who's gotta shell out money and space for a total of 27 series of statuesque figures running all the way to next year. And the thing is, I seriously thought that Palisades could continue the Muppets/Henson properties to rival the Spawn line. Oh well, so long as we keep buying the products, Palisades will keep making them I guess.
Here's looking forward to S9!