What's Wrong with Sweatpants?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I was very young I had this thing for the '50s and always enjoyed wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, lol. Eventually I progressed into having a thing for the '70s and '60s (yes backwards) lol, which meant jeans bell bottoms!

Skye

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I used to wear bell bottoms, too! I loved them. I don't have them anymore, but I still think they're awesome!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know really? I feel like we don't have distinctive styles anymore. I mean even the '90s had flannel and Doc Martins. After that, it's just been one big mush with no center. And clearly we like distinctive styles, otherwise we wouldn't gravitate to the ones of the past.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some schools have dress codes, plain & simple.
ALL schools have dress codes, I'm aware of that...

No headgear is to be worn on school premises unless for medical and/or religious purposes.

All skirts/shorts must reach past a person's finger tips.

No tanktops or sleeveless dresses.

No t-shirts with gang-related graphics on them.

No t-shirts with offensive graphics on them including graphics that are racist, or spread other hate-related messages (on kid in Sevierville just recently got suspended for wearing a shirt with a Confederate flag on it).

No baggy clothes.

Pants are to be worn up on your waist (kids in the ghetto like to wear them around their knees)

Nothing "revealing", including low-cut tops, tops that reveal a person's mid-section, etc.

No sandals unless you wear socks (and apparently, socks with sandals is a fashion disaster).

I'm all too aware of school dress codes; what I want to know is why in the world would sweatpants be prohibited?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Probably because they're associated with gym clothes and not tidy enough. A dress code is related to keeping discipline.

I went Catholic school and wore uniforms, but on dress down days we could wear sweatpants. Since we always wore uniforms, they figured it was the least they could do I guess!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No t-shirts with offensive graphics
But what's offensive to one may not be offensive to another. It's a matter of taste/personal preference.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But what's offensive to one may not be offensive to another. It's a matter of taste/personal preference.
Yeah but there are certain absolutes, such as images associated with racism. Although sadly, some offensive stereotypes are frowned upon while others are still excepted.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah but there are certain absolutes, such as images associated with racism. Although sadly, some offensive stereotypes are frowned upon while others are still excepted.
Sadly, this is true. How we wish it wasn't though.