What's your claim to fame?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Phantom said:
I have no claim to fame nor do I wish to be famous for anything. I have no natural talents or marketable skills. I do a lot of things and am generally successful, but alas, I am just me.

I must know! How can someone with zero desire for attention have the lucious Miss P for an icon. I am a massive attention grabbing whore and I admit it through the short hand of the Pig icon. :smile:

tiggie0686

Reaction score
Not that any of these are of real significance, but:

• I was on the news last year cause I attend the #1 high school in the nation (according to Newsweek...but everyone at my school knows that crap that is!)
  • I was on the front page of the newspaper in 7th grade for being in this one dance at my old school.
  • I was on a Japanese game show...unfortunately, I was cut out of it before it aired!

Phantom

Reaction score
Muppetfreak said:
I must know! How can someone with zero desire for attention have the lucious Miss P for an icon. I am a massive attention grabbing whore and I admit it through the short hand of the Pig icon. :smile:
I love the Avatar!!!

Actually, because of my affection for the delightful Miss Piggy, I must at times pay homage with a fitting avatar. She is the perfect....hmm...woman.

Actually, I lied, I love attention, but I can't think of anything I've done worth being recognized. I ususally have to be the center of everything, but I don't really have a purpose for being there. Sort of deep and humble while being shallow and twisted. I am an enigma.

I did place second in the Bear Town contest. I guess that's something.

Tera

Reaction score
I'm not famous for anything, but I have a VERY minor responsibility for the general decline in quality entertainment in the US today. I was one of the founding members of the Washing Well Wenches that do Ren Faires around the country. I've therefore been in local papers around the country being thrown in icy tubs of water, singing bawdy Renaissance songs complete with hand gestures and doing various rude things that still make my mother cringe.
I worked in FL, Michigan and Colorado, but stopped to breed.
I just stopped doing BARF (my local show in Largo, FL) last year after 16 years of tights, bodices, and kickin' live stage combat.

My best brush with greatness was when, as a 5 year old, I asked Jimmy Carter for his autograph. He refused, saying "Sorry Honey, the Secret Service won't let me."
Later that evening, his wife saw me crying in a corner. She asked what was wrong, and I explained it was her husband's fault. She got my address and mailed autographs to me.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Tera said:
My best brush with greatness was when, as a 5 year old, I asked Jimmy Carter for his autograph. He refused, saying "Sorry Honey, the Secret Service won't let me."
Later that evening, his wife saw me crying in a corner. She asked what was wrong, and I explained it was her husband's fault. She got my address and mailed autographs to me.
Awwwww, that is too adorable!!! :halo:
Erin

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i can believe you all dont know rowlf harris!
he plays the wobble board and sings 'tie me kangaroo down, sport!'
come on...rowlf harris....hes got a beard..

i met him at the taronga zoo in sydney, he drew a picture of me, my face on a kangaroos body! i look good as a marsupial.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, cool, that's a fun song! :stick_out_tongue: A bit morbid towards the end... but fun nonetheless!
Erin

Phantom

Reaction score
I met Junior Samples once (1974). I know, most of you young guys don't even know who that is. Also the guy that played Eb on "Green Acres".

leliebel

Reaction score
uhm... I won tickets for the lion king once...

Oh oh! and a gorillaz shirt, signed poster and cd

But that's not really me being talented, well I made a pretty picture, for the first one. :wink:

Oh, I almost won a storyreader contest, but I did voices and was disqualified. I thought that was stupid, because my story contain a pouting spider, a train wioth a french accent, 3 childern and an arrogant parrot.

Well... yeah...

<sigh>

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I saw the Lion King Broadway Show on Tour here in Memphis: BEAUTIFUL SHOW!!! Loved it!!

That's kinda dumb that you got disqualified for doing voices: did they not make it clear in the rules of the contest? That should have been fought! Storytellers have always used voices on occasion. Dumb rule.