What's your claim to fame?

Beebers

Reaction score
I have a local claim to fame which is that I've survived more near-fatal accidents within a shorter span of time than anyone else any of our friends know.

It's fun being famous.

:cool:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
FUN?! Wow, you should use Gonzo for an avatar if you think holding the record for near-fatal accidents is fun!

Glad you're okay, though; and hope you aren't driving, or showering/drying your hair at the same time...

Phantom

Reaction score
I have no claim to fame nor do I wish to be famous for anything. I have no natural talents or marketable skills. I do a lot of things and am generally successful, but alas, I am just me.

Don't get me wrong, I am a perfectionist and everything I do must be done well, or I'm not satisfied. The curse of that, however, manifests itself in that I shun credit for anything because I know every flaw and mistake. But, in certain instances, when I am pleased, everyone else is blown away by whatever it is.

Will I ever be satisfied? Probably not. Am I happy? For the most part. Will I ever have a claim to fame? Nah. C'est la vie.

(Sorry, I was having one of those introspective what-could-have-been moments. Didn't mean to be such a downer. Take your vitamins. Stay in school.)

Phantom

Reaction score
By the way, Foz. I'm impressed by your work with RMH. It takes a special person to perform that kind of service.

Ben

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
and hope you aren't driving, or showering/drying your hair at the same time...
wait WAIT!! you AREN'T supposed to do that????

Beebers

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
FUN?! Wow, you should use Gonzo for an avatar if you think holding the record for near-fatal accidents is fun!

Glad you're okay, though; and hope you aren't driving, or showering/drying your hair at the same time...

Thank you. Actually, I've never had a motor vehicle accident of any kind, except for the time I was riding my bicycle and was struck by a hit and run vehicle, person forever unknown. I happen to have a perfect 30-year driving record.
That was the third major accident within four years, all involving head injuries among other things. Now, prior to the Unfortunate Four Years, I was mishap-free. And in the three years since the last one. The first was my own fault; I was trying to snow-tube at a major ski area (which was closed) on the last day of May so that I could say that I'd gone tubing on the last day of May.
Hit a patch of grass at top speed and that was it. I still have a pair of glasses embedded in the ground up there.
The second has been partially chronicled in the new person/introduce oneself section of MC. Only partially. And the last was, shall we say, the worst of the three and not my fault.
I am now widely admired for General Durability and the above fun fame comment is just my sense of humor. I'm very lucky and it all makes for good stories. Not to worry. However, I do drive and shower at the same time.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
hi, my name is leah..i was quiet in highschool. thanks. oh, and i met rowlf harris once.
:halo:

leliebel

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
hi, my name is leah..i was quiet in highschool. thanks. oh, and i met rowlf harris once.
:halo:

and lived?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Phantom
By the way, Foz. I'm impressed by your work with RMH. It takes a special person to perform that kind of service. Ben
Thanks. Nothing special about me, really. I do it because I can't afford to give money, so I give time and help raise money. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, too; and making the kids smile is always a treasure. I just wish more folks would volunteer their time for one-on-one with the kids and families of these charities. It SURE DOES make you appreciate life better!!

Sarah-yzma
Quote: Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear and hope you aren't driving, or showering/drying your hair at the same time...
wait WAIT!! you AREN'T supposed to do that????
:eek: NO!! I mean, using a toaster while bathing is one thing; but NEVER dry your hair in the shower!!

Beebers:
Now, prior to the Unfortunate Four Years, I was mishap-free.
Wow. Sounds like bad Karma hit hard or something; maybe you should go to the other thread and ASK THE GREAT FOZZINI!

Jellyman Kelly:
Who’s Rowlf Harris? I mean, I know Rowlf the Dog, but, uh…does this Harris guy bite?

Phantom

Reaction score
Foz, God bless you for it.
Now, we join our regularly scheduled thread already in progress.