What's your claim to fame?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Nothing in particulair for me...a prophet once told me I was "the one", not sure what that meant...whoah.
Hahaha:big_grin: Ok Keanu!:excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Last night, Muley had his second work as Official SpokesMule of the Memphis RMH, and delivered a speech for the Memphis Ronald McDonald House Volunteer Banquet, received much laughs and applause, and we both won awards for volunteering and Muley won a 'special' award for being "SpokesMule of the Century." Got TONS o' pictures from it.

Reminds me, Muley won a McDonald's Color the Weather when I was a kid (like in 1981 I think), and was shown on the local news network during the weather segment. I also had a drawing of their penguin character, SnowBird, that I sent them and they showed that, too.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, Muley! :excited:

One thing I've become known for is those puppet shows I do at the library. I've been in the news paper for both times, and now some of the people I know know that I am a puppeteer and love Muppets.

One guy told me, "If we have a talent show, you can't avoid it now."

:eek: :smile: :eek: :smile:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
...hmm..quite a few of us seem to be the "quiet/invisible" people during school.

my brushes are small and old:
- appeared once on the "Ramblin Rod Show" back in oregon in the mid-eighties
- won a coloring contest at a local drug store when i was a kid (partially kickstarting my love of art) and i won a tea party set.
- during the 5th grade i was part of a small group in my school picked to pose/model for a brochure of the local community. (i look REALLY dorky..it was 1989-90 i had a pastel colored shirt on)
- senior year in high school i was picked along with three others to paint oil paintings for the new school board building (mine was the worst..it was my first attempt at oils.)
- every year i volunteer at a celtic festival in northern va. i am known as the 'Golf Cart Chic' (i drive around in a golf cart transporting musicians, instruments, supplies, food, ect. all around the festival site). i've gotten to meet some really talented musicians/bands. <The Poor Clares, Tannahill Weaver, Battlefield Band, Kevin Burke, Andy Stuart, Johnny Cunningham, etc>
- at work i'm known as the muppet/faerie girl. anyone calls with a question about 80s cartoons or muppet/froud ...i'm the one to ask usually.

BorkBork

Reaction score
I don't think i'm particular famous, however i am a music producer, so i have a few records on the market with my name on it. Most of them here in sweden, but also in Japan. I produced and co-wrote 5 songs for a band called Smile.dk on their album Futuregirls. It was released in japan as their second album in 2000. I was also on the swedish pre-competitions for eurovision song contest in 2002 :smile:

Other than that, nothing :big_grin:

And oh, I'm famous among my friends as the muppetmaniac, haha

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know it's mainly because I'm nosey; but, I really enjoy reading everyone's stories here. I hope others will post as well!!

FOZ

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I had my first play performed last year (directed by me) and it sold out every night of its run. I'm trying to publish it now (you can't publish a play until its been performed, us theatre people are freaks).

Does that make me cool?

Um, and I was the NJ state champion of Prose interpretation back in high school. I used to be good at that. I was cool back then. I won with "The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig." I think they just liked seeing me snort.

If I publish my play, will my coolness level go up?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey now!

You don't have to do all that just to be cool. You being you is cool enough.

BUT! Now you'll have public status :eek: and that ROCKS!!

Sounds super neat that you had a play produced. I'm working on a puppet play script--just can't settle on anything yet; i like the ideas but my big problem is I'm going for perfection, which keeps me from finishing lots of things.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
I had my first play performed last year (directed by me) and it sold out every night of its run. I'm trying to publish it now
Awesome:excited: What's your play about?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
My play is a very silly fairy tale comedy. Its rather Muppet-esqu!

I actually have a story about it you would all appreciate: There is a Narrator in the play that is mostly narrator but sometimes jumps into the story and interacts with the characters. Well I was talking to the production staff about this and some of them didn't understand how the narrator functioned as a character. I couldn't think of anyway to explain it to them so I finally blurted out "He's like Kermit in Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas!!!"

Sadly, this did not help comprehension as no one knew what I was talking about......:smile: