What's your claim to fame?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Sounds super neat that you had a play produced. I'm working on a puppet play script--just can't settle on anything yet; i like the ideas but my big problem is I'm going for perfection, which keeps me from finishing lots of things.
I hear you on that. All the writing things I have ever finished and sent off to publication/performance were all because I promised someone them. Somehow when someone is expecting something from me, I get it done rather than appearing like a loser. :smile: Of course, writing my next thing is taking me forever because I have no deadline.....

The good thing about a play, at least when you are the director of it, is that as long as you just finish the darn thing, you can work all the bugs out during rehearsals.....:wink:

So what are you leaning towards it being about? Is it going to be like Avenue Q? (my jury is still out on that)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

Sorry it took so long to reply--lost the thread...

Nah, not Avenue Q. I don't have any particular statements to make with my characters, just some fun stuff.

It's the puppets that are based on my cartoon characters, and they currently pop up all over town with events for the Memphis Ronald McDonald House (RMH) and Rock 103 (radio station).

I know a few local celebrities that have said that, time permitting, they will be glad to have guest spots on the show. I want something that is half-variety and half-theater. I'm also going to get in contact with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra to see if we can get them to be there since the whole thing will benefit the RMH. If not, I have a few band contacts that I'll try to pull in.

It'll all be live-action and vocals, puppeteers will be seen, but the spotlights will be on the puppets--we did that with Muley during a Guest Talent Show on a Carnival Cruise, and I was well ignored by the audience which was great (it was advertised on the whole boat that he'd be there, so the entire 3000 seat theater was almost full). It went over well, so I decided that I could pull off a whole show with the characters.

Some of the sketches I have now is a Magician's Massacre with Buford the Dog failing during his tricks, Calvin Cow does a piano recital while Chester does a balancing act and crashes the whole thing, and Dead Elvis appears for the finale!! LOL!!

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
That's awesome! If I were not very far from you, I would ask to get in on that.

ATM I am in the middle of three things and I keep working on a little of each and thereby fiishing none.

I need someone to give me deadlines.....who knew school was useful for something?:stick_out_tongue:

Tons of luck to you and you had best tape it and share it around! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, MuppetFreak! I wish you and a few other folks lived here closer to help me with puppetry (shows and construction). I have big plans, but doing things alone (and with no budget) makes it hard, hard, hard.

Who knows, maybe someone will hear of my feats and throw down some help, huh?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I would have to throw really really far.....

I don't think my arm is that strong. ;-)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppetfreak
I don't think my arm is that strong.
Probably not long enough, either; NJ is quite a commute to TN.

:big_grin:

Chatalie

Reaction score
Famous for...

I'm famous for my crazy hair (leopard, tiger, calico, camouflage, etc...)which I do myself, and my fun, colourful tattoos. Also famous for making the best gifts from recycled materials, being a cat stuck in a girl's suit and wearing a tail. (I really used to be a cat).

:halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you were tall and could play basketball, you could be Dennis Rodman! :crazy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You don't need that to be cool; you're our pal, and THAT makes you cool.