What's your favorite baseball team?

King Jim

Reaction score
What kinds of Baseball teams do people here like. How long have you liked them? Why do you like them? What made you like them?

McFraggle

Reaction score
The Cincinnati Reds. I've liked them my whole life and I was raised a Reds fan.

Al Hempker

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
The Cincinnati Reds. I've liked them my whole life and I was raised a Reds fan.
Me too. Any word on whether Barry Larkin signed with anyone?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Red Sox, I grew up in Massachusetts, so it's for obvious reasons. If you're native to MA, almost guaranteed you're a Sox fan through and through.

ceecee

Reaction score
TWINS! I've liked them for a long time at least since 1987 (World Series champs). I hope we have a good team this year. We've lost quite a few of our everyday players. Go Twins!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
My very first baseball team was the Atlanta Braves, 1994. I received a Braves hat as a gift that year, then realized that I could watch just about every one of their games on TBS. This was before I knew about their annual overachieving/post-season under achieving and just had fun watching a really good team play baseball. When the strike struck, I was one of the few people I knew who didn't give up on the game...I was just naive. When the '95 season started back up, I watched the Braves all year. Go figure that would be their year to win the World Series! Chipper Jones became my favorite player and I fell in love with guys like David Justice, Fred McGriff (7 homers from 500, somebody give this guy a chance!!!), Ryan Klesko (who I think took himself off the juice last season), Marquis Grissom, Javy Lopez, Mark Wohlers and the awesome pitching staff that included Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and John Smoltz.
I also fell in love with the Braves history starting with their beginnings in Boston (as the Beaneaters) and moving on to Milwaukee and finally settling in Atlanta. Eddie Mathews continues to be my all-time favorite player even though my love for the Braves has waned over the years.

I've grown a little more cynical of the game, though I still love it. I now have my own loveable losers to cheer for in the Kansas City Royals. Though Rafael Palmeiro of the Orioles is my favorite player (for his sake, I truly hope Jose Canseco is full of bologna). This should be an interesting season considering all the focus on steroids. Hopefully we'll see some drastic changes made and the game can get back to what made it the National Pastime.