1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

What's your favorite Fraggle song?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Rowbes, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Rowbes

Rowbes New Member

Wow! Thank you very much! You should be able to save it by right clicking on the link and selecting "save target as..." (unless you have a mac)
    I'll keep you posted on new projects.
  2. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

Mmmh, I don't know the name of it, buuuuuuuuuut... mine's probably the one song from 'Boober's Quiet Day'.

It holds a special place in my heart for whatever reason, and because of that... my sis and I have lampooned the episode into infinity. ^^;
  3. zeldazipple

zeldazipple New Member

Fave Frag Song

I would have to say my have frag song is. " Follow me " From Beginnings. That has a very special meaning to me.
  4. pigOnantibiotix

pigOnantibiotix New Member

hmmmm, just had to listen to your cohen version of 'why' again rowbes.. just great.. Seems to help me get to sleep, hah.. ;)
  5. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

My favorite

It is easy to see that the Fraggle theme song is better than that of the Muppet Show. It's catchier and didn't change as much. It also didn't have an '80s feel to it at a time when so many songs featured drum machines and cheesy synths. (If it did indeed feature drum machines and cheesy synths, they weren't as prominent.) My favorite song, though, is "There's A Lot Of Things I Want To Know" out of "Inspector Red." Not coincidentally, that is also my favorite Fraggle episode, and as a direct result of it I can't get hit on the head now with anything without saying "Yes your forgetfulness, sir..."

:excited: Your friendly neighborhood critic
  6. RowlfRulez

RowlfRulez New Member

My top 3 favorite songs:

3. Thimble Beetle Song
    2. Why
    1. The Friendship Song
  7. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I love "Do the Sashay", and a lot of uptempo Fraggle songs, But my fave Tender touching Fraggle song is "Friendship Song"!
  8. IluvGobo

IluvGobo New Member

It's hard for me to choose just one, but if I had to, I'd pick 'Just A Dream Away' from "Gone But Not Forgotten." :smirk:
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

'Dixie wailin', 'Friendship song', 'on my own', etc.
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

"Follow Me" The definitive Fraggle Rock song.

"Catch a Tail by the Tiger" I love this song. It's so inspirational. And it manages to use the word "capitulate!"

"Whoops! Feelin Better!" (that's my signature)

"Just a Dream Away" (From Gone But Not Forgotten, beautiful song)
  11. plucky

plucky New Member

Hey, not bad!
    You should make more :)

As for the Fraggle Rock record, I recorded that years ago (and have tons of songs from the episodes), but I don't think the MC forums are appropriate for exchanging Fraggle mp3s :( At least with the seasons being released, eventually we can have good quality rips of ALL the songs! That'll be a project for another day...

And so this isn't a thread-jack, my Fav. Fraggle Song? I have that same problem of liking too many of them, but favorites:

Why
    Ballad of Sir Blunderbrain
    Dixie Wailin'
    Dreaming of Someone
    The Ancient Treasure of the Fraggles (Music Box Song)
    Sail Away
    Bring BAck the Wonder

Oh heck, I can't do it, there's too many songs I like, those are just my favorites from the first two seasons :)

-plucky
  12. exelis

exelis New Member

Follow Me and Catch the Tail by the Tiger are two favorites that come to mind at the moment.
  13. Morgan Clueless

Morgan Clueless New Member

There are several songs that I love, but if I had to choose one, it'd be "Just a Dream Away". But here are all of my faves:

"Just a Dream Away"
    "Ragtime Queen"
    "Going Down the Road"
    "I'm Never Alone"
    "The Friendship Song"
    "The Gypsy Song (Sniff the Rose)" (It's Boober-oriented. Plus, it's kinda weird, and I like that about it.)
    "Fun Is Here to Stay"
    "The Remembering Song (Na Na Na)"
    "The Beetle Song"
    "The Joke Isn't Funny"
    "Dance Your Cares Away (Theme Song)"
    "I'd Give My Soul"
    "Let Me Be Your Song"
    "Music Makes Us Real"
    "???" (The song from Wembley's Egg, whereas Wembley and the others teach the Baby Tree Creature to fly.)
    "Dream a Dream and See"
    "Convincing John"
    "Choose Right, Uptight, Move Now, Losin' Blues"

I think there're a few others, but I forget them. :)
  14. DavidRock

DavidRock New Member

Sorry I dont know the title of the song I think its Rock Our Way to Freedom? but it's in Wembley And The Gorgs & goes something like "We're gonna flip flop skipity hop back to Fraggle Rock" I just think it's an awesome song...toe tapping Fraggle rawk hah.
  15. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

It's Fraggle Rock Rock
  16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

"Dixie Wailing" and "Easy is the Only Way To Go" also I like "Get Blue." :excited:
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Since I haven't written in here for a quite sometime I'll add some more.

"Do the Sashay"
    "Fraggle Rock Rock"
    "Workin Workin Song"
    "Heed to the Drum Beat" (from "Wembley and the Gorgs")
    "Beat Goes On"

Those are more of my favorites.
  18. IluvGobo

IluvGobo New Member

My other favorite songs are:

Follow Me (The Trial Of Cotterpin Doozer)
    Bring Back The Wonder (Red's Sea Monster)
    Face Facts, Pack Snacks, Make Tracks (Gobo's School For Explorers)
    Free And High (Wembley's Flight)
    I'm Gonna Be A Star (Gunge The Great And Glorious)
    Sunlight And Shadow (Fraggle Wars)
    The Friendship Song (Marooned)

:smirk:
  19. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

there are just to many.. the theme song is probably my favorite, though

also:
    "Pedals of a Rose"
    "I've Seen Troubles"
    "The Friendship Song"
    "All Around the World"
    "The Doozer Knitting Song"
    "Dum Of A Son Of A Gun"
  20. superboober

superboober Member

It would definitely have to be The Friendship Song. While anyone can write a song about romance, friendship's a bit tougher to crack. This nails it perfectly, about how meaningful and powerful it can be.