1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What's your favorite letter segment?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by The Count, Sep 15, 2002.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Yupe. He was sleeping.
  2. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I don't remember that one, unfortunately...then again, a girl less than a year old probably wouldn't. :mad:

Those were cool, especially Kermit's "or...dessert, depending on your point of view" after Cookie scarfed down the last of the W.

I personally didn't like those two: loud, in-your-face voices have always bothered me, even when I was a girl. The ending for the F clip made no sense to me, either: when a cheer involves spelling, the result is supposed to sound like a word at least...:boo:

*groan* I don't remember seeing the episode with that sketch in it, but that's a classic pun!

"What you do with quart of milk? You drink it...[gulps it down noisily]...AND you eat it [devours the empty carton, with his trademark gobbling sounds]!"
  3. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Ummm, that clip was about the letter R, not P...I distinctly recall a rhyme "Or how about a radish from the salad bar?"

(Why am I suddenly flashing back to the Two-Headed Monster's own "R versus P" sketch? :concern: )
  4. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

That one made me nervous as a kid--between the shouted "I" becoming more insistent, and the loud metallic "twang" that played every time the dot bounced. When I finally got my own TV, I'd turn the sound all the way down as soon as that "i" showed onscreen.
  5. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

The word before the ending is "medal", not "manhole"; Martha stands proudly, wearing a gold medal with an "m" on it, as a trumpet fanfare sounds.

BTW, when the narrator asks Martha how to make an "m", she does it by dropping a small ball; its bouncing leaves visible "Mm" trails behind.
  6. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Holy cow, you saw that one?

*whew* I finally have proof that the "R for Ribbon" sketch existed; before you described more details, all I had were vague memories of the letter/ribbon changing as a woman's voice spoke. Many thanks!
  7. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I recall two similar ones: "U/Underpass" with speeded-up traffic driving on it; and "B/Boats" with several kinds of boats moored in a harbor. Have you seen those clips--and if you have, can you identify the locations? (I've never been in NYC myself, but it wouldn't surprise me if CTW usually filmed their city footage there.)
  8. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Well, a gourmet restaurant in the land of Q is probably going to serve quail (yes, that's a delicacy in French cooking), and some dessert with quinces in it. :)
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I FIRST SAW THIS 1 AROUND 1980, Sorry about the caps, and the film starts out with a song sung by kids that went like Haven't you heard? Letters make words? Yes letters make words. etc. Then some kids are standing by the refrigerator and 1 come up and says, ''Hey looks at all those letters on there?'' Can't rememebr everything that was said but the focus was on the letter B and a off camera person asks what sound does the B make and after that he asks what words does it make? they would make the B sound before saying the word but each would makke BBBBBB ball make the sound several times in a row before saying the word. I remember seeing lit a few times, don't know if it was in 1 episode or not.
  10. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I do remember that sketch: the magnetic letters appeared to move by themselves while the opening song played. The way that sketch was written, I thought it might become part of a series with different letters--the "letters make words" approach works a lot better than just showing a B for three seconds and saying the name. Too bad the series idea b-b-bombed! :concern:
  11. cartman

cartman New Member

my faverite is letter segment is "e-elephant"

my faverite letter segment is e-elephant

where the big elephant morp into a big E and little e

do any have it on tape?
  12. cartman

cartman New Member

you forgot the big elephant mopr into a big E

E-The Letter of the Day Pagent with Guy Smiley and the letter E
    E...E...See me...eating a peach, a surreal classic animated segment with the princess, a seal, an eagle and the scary Land of Steam
    School tools form capital E and small e

HI MIKE ALAN

REMBER ME CARTMAN

YOU FORGOT THE ELEPHANT WHO MORP INTO A BIG E?

AND YOU FORGOT E ANIMAL AWARD CARTOON!

WAS IT A BIG GREY ELEPHANT WHO MORP INTO A E OR A LITTLE PURPLE ELEPHANT?
  13. rbcmlr

rbcmlr New Member

That's my favorite!
  14. Chris Gawley

Chris Gawley Member

My favorite is the "J- Jump" song!

Joe Raposo was so good in that number, CTW should seriously consider bringing that sketch out of moth balls!

If any of you out there have never seen it, check it out on youtube.com!

".... on a just nice day with the jumpingest "J"s in town!"
  15. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Without a doubt, my favourite is

I Get A Kick Out Of U - Louise Gold at her brassey Mermanesque best.
  16. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

This one I think goes back to about 1980.

A barber shop quartet is singing about the letter B. Can't remember how the whole song went but goes like bbb b beautiful b brightly b etc. And this lowercase b would appear above them swaying to the music.
  17. Son of Enik

Son of Enik Member

My favorite animated letter skit would have to be Harry The Horse (who had very long hair). That one STILL cracks me up to this day.
    My favorite Muppet letter skits are a toss-up between Bert & Ernie's La La Song (I love when Bert sings "Linoleum!!) and the other is some AM's singing about the letter J (J-Joe Jeans and his Jelly beans, hey let's sing a song about J!!)
    Those would be my picks.
  18. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

My ALL TIME favorite letter segment would be "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics.BTW,does anybody know who provides the voice for Nora Nicks at the begining of the song?
  19. Soul H

Soul H New Member

Methinks it was Fran Bill who voiced her.

20. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

Yeah,I think that too.It's just that I haven't seen the song in years and I forgot who voiced her.