What's your favorite letter segment?

bisforbubble

Reaction score
Fav. Letter segments

Hey, I'd like to talk to you about the letter t. It looks like a hook, with a line across the top. It's a very usefuil letter. Like when you're hungry, there's tea, toast, taffy, tomatoes, and turkey. If you want to talk about animals, there's tadpoles, tigers, toads, and turtles. Lots of people have jobs that start with t...like ther's teachers, traffic cops, truck drivers, tailers, typists, and taxi drivers. Why right on your own body, there's teeth, a tounge, toes. But best of all, is how much fun you can have with t. You can tap dance, play tag, play with toys, travel on a train..tickle, talk, or you can toodle a tune on a tuba. A teriffic letter, the letter t. I like this one better than some of the newer segments, because it teaches you a lot more. There are 25 things that start with t, and if I remember correctly, the FILM only took a little over a minute. Now in a minute, the kids are lucky they learn 3 or 4 things. I hope that the kids today are ok learners (my personal opinion). :embarrassed:

fatblue

Reaction score
WOW!! I'm impressed, you quoted every word of that skit to a 'T', no pun intended! :big_grin:

I think the kids, like myself then, picked up quite a bit. I always liked that little flick really.

bisforbubble

Reaction score
Thanks. Too bad it's been a decade or so since I saw it last. Can't believe I actually remembered it. :smile:

Soul H

Reaction score
It wasn't Smokey who scared me. It was the music and the way the U grabbed him that scared me. Plus I was only three when I first saw the video, so you can see why I've been traumatised by it since.

fatblue said:
How can Ol' Smokey scare anyone? :confused: Seriously, I'm curious as to how it scared U, er you. LOL!!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
i always liked the secret agent guy who sold letters to people like erine
Lefty was his name and actually sold other things as well.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't know if this was mentioned but the A cartoon or whatever you call it where Annie asks her husband Arther if he's seen the letter A? 1 of the former stupid segments on the show though still funny. it had been said Henson had been responsable for the King of 8 and that wierd 12 piece with the rock. did he do the A one?

maxdrive

Reaction score
i always liekd the golden an skit with lefty with all the words haveing an at the end

like the tan van

i do get the names mixed up the cop was stand right and the guy lefty was sopose to meet from dan and then there was fran

dbbarney

Reaction score
The Lower Case N

My favorite was the lower case N

Anyone have lyrics to all these and the number cartoons (Ladybug picnic) etc?

Or are they available somewhere on DVD?

Katzi428

Reaction score
"J-jump joyful"
& a cartoon about a man talking about the letter "K"
Man:And how are you today? I'm here to show you the letter K *points to K*
And this is is the word "Kitten" *stretches out ITTEN to join the K*"Kitten" begins with the letter K
*picks up a kitten*This is a kitten!Do any of you have a kitten? Did you know that the kitten's mother carries her kitten by the scruff of the neck?
*Mother cat comes walking by & picks up the man instead of the kitten!*
Man:MEOW?!