What's your favorite part of holiday season?

Puckrox

Reaction score
Well I'm in a pretty festive mood today, so I was just curious:

What's everyone's favorite part of the holiday season? Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or anything else, I thought that this might be a nice place to just share what it is that makes us happy this time of year!

For me, personally, it's the Christmas music. I was walking to work listening to the Xmas playlist I made and I couldn't stop smiling. It just puts me in such a great mood!

Also? The food. And decorations. And giving gifts. And having an excuse to wear my Santa hat. :big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So many things; the music, the atmosphere, the decorations, how the snow makes my yard and town look...it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I'm taking a page out of Julian Koster
Julian Koster's book and going Caroling with my Musical Saw this year. My favourite part is both the decorations and lights, stuff like that, and the food. Aside from the excuses to wear ridiculous shirts, hats, jumpers and earrings, the food is what really makes it for me. Pudding is my vice and something plan to eat an awful lot this month :insatiable:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Love it when radio station plays Christmas music. Also enjoy watching retro Christmas commercials (though I do that all year anyway, lol).

animalrescuer

Reaction score
My favorite part of the holidays is going home to my family and spending Christmas time with them, listening to great Christmas music and watching most of the great Christmas specials that play during this time of year and watching some Muppet Christmas specials and movies on DVD and YouTube.

Puckrox

Reaction score
My favorite part of the holidays is going home to my family and spending Christmas time with them, listening to great Christmas music and watching most of the great Christmas specials that play during this time of year and watching some Muppet Christmas specials and movies on DVD and YouTube.
I love all of these things as well! I get to go home next week to spend two weeks with my family, which I'm greatly anticipating. And thank goodness for youtube, otherwise a whole lot of us wouldn't have access to all the Muppet Xmas specials!

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Spending time with family, watching Christmas specials, the music

Nick22

Reaction score
Christmas music & movies are LOVE. My favorite thing ever. And THE SNOW. Nuff said. Time with family and the overall joy of Christmas time is awesome. Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love going to the department stores and seeing them all decorated.

Plus walking my dog and seeing all the houses in the neighborhood lite up.

"I believe in miracles and I can tell you why. Once a year the street I live on sparkles like the sky." :smile:

Oh! And I also like reading Tough Pigs' reviews of Muppet Christmas specials, lol.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Not gonna lie: I love getting gifts :wink: It's the excitement of not knowing that gets me.

But, I also love looking at a lit-up Christmas tree, and the way the light illuminates on the ornaments. I love eating Christmas cookies and listening to Christmas music (I probably have 30 Christmas CDs, and counting!).