What's your favorite part of holiday season?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Funniest thing happened the other day. OK, every year ABC Family does its marathon of Christmas specials, including the Rankin & Bass cartoon 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. And every year they've annoyingly cut out this one song sequence where the father mouse sings to his son "There's More to the World Than Meets the Eye." Always very frustrating but I'd learned to accept it. Plus it's intact on the DVD now.

So last Saturday I was watching the special on ABC Family. And then suddenly, there's the song! They were playing it! But, heh, I didn't really notice at first because I was used to it being on the DVD by now. But when the song was over I suddenly looked up from what I was doing, "Wait...they played it???!!!" LOL.

Maybe there was just more time for the song on a weekend or something. In any case, it was a very nice moment, lol. :wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
When I was in high school, one local church used to decorate every tree on their grounds with lights. And I mean A LOT of trees, and a number of them were weeping willows...which look absolutely stunning with tiny lights all over, draped down with the fronds. I used to love to go there and walk the grounds and epecially to walk under that tree in the early evening, with the air cold enough to puff like a dragon, and a cup of warm cider at hand, and be completely alone in what felt like a magic land. Not very traditionally Xmas-y, but it's a memory I still treasure.

-------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
When those really bad, avaricious Holiday car commercials are over maybe?

I mean.. REALLY! You see the one where the parents steal their kid's car? Oh yeah! That's VERY spirit of Christmas right there. Personally, I was waiting for Thanksgiving to be over so I don't have to put up with the creepy blonde suburban Target 2 day sale woman.

And those Best Buy ones where everyone has a vendetta on Santa. Really. What the heck is this crap?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Everything almost. The music, the specials, the tidings of comfort and joy, the good will towards men. Everything! But I especially love the Muppet Christmas movies and specials and spending time with friends and family.

Xerus

Reaction score
I always love putting up the Christmas Tree after Thanksgiving. Watching my favorite Christmas movies and specials, Rudolph, Frosty, Muppet Family Christmas, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Year Without a Santa Claus, and the Grinch. And spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my family. :smile: