When a Muppet says...

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Okay, friends, try this one on for size.

It's one thing to say that a character like any of the Muppets has a classic catch-phrase, and it's quite another to say that some things that come out of their mouths just make you feel good all over for no particular reason other than "it just does."

I already mentioned elsewhere on this forum that Sweetums exclaiming "YA WANNA GIVE US SOME MONEY?!" while taking calls at the telethon in The Muppets just puts a smile on my face.

The same thing happens when I hear Dr. Teeth say "Pos-a-lutely!" (Although, given the way Bill Baretta has infused that classic character with new life, there's very little he can do wrong with it these days IMHO.)

And then there's the Swedish Chef saying "Bernigee." I know it's a nonsense word that sounds like pidgeon Swedish, but it still rocks. I loved it in "Bohemian Rhapsody" and I still chuckle when I think about its use in the ultimately-inaccurate-but-still-funny "Jail Trailer" for The Muppets.

WANDA SYKES: Are you guys... (Checks clipboard) ..."the Muppets"?
EVERYBODY BUT THE SWEDISH CHEF: Yeah.
SWEDISH CHEF: Bernigee!

So let's give it a try and have some fun. Complete the sentence: "It makes me happy when _______ says..."

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Oh...there are so many! But the ones that have popped into my head are:

Kermit saying "I don't believe this" when Raven-Symoné starts singing 'The Rainbow Connection' to him.

Kermit saying "Think about it folks" to the screen in the first episode of 'The Muppet Show' just after you see him drinking a drink.

And the "Mind the icy patch" bits in 'Muppet Family Christmas'.

Auberoun

Reaction score
The only one I can pick doesn't make sense unless you hear the whole scene...so here it is from episode 314 of TMS...(my favorite line in bold)

:smile:: Thank you, thank you...Fozzie, this is not going to work!
:embarrassed:: Just read off the page frog!
:smile:: Lagies and genklefins...Lagies and genklefins?!
:embarrassed::Let's see
:smile:: That's what it says, Lagies, and Gengklefins...
:embarrassed:: Alright, so my typing is bad.
:smile:: Lagies and Genklefins...welcone again tie the Muppel Shocks. My name is Kermit the Forg…the Forg!?
:embarrassed::Come on pick up the pace, here we go...
:smile: and our spegial guest stap is the amazing Hapry Belaf-that's Harry Belafonte folks!
:embarrassed:: Kermit, your timing must be off...you should be getting big laughs with that stuff!
:smile:: aaaaghhhh...(chases Fozzie offstage)

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Great examples. I'll add that I still remember my heart racing with Scooter's line in The Muppets: "Jack Black, Jack Black, fifteen seconds to curtain, Mr. Black..."

I don't think I have to explain why this made me (and still makes me) so happy.

Borples

Reaction score
Any time Sam says the word "weirdos."

Traveling Matt's "The O-ther Daaayyy," at the beginning of his postcards. The postcards were never my favorite part of FR eps, but I do love his delivery of that line.

Piggy's "An-y-one can see" in Bohemian Rhapsody. It's just so...Piggy!

Fozzie's "Thank you!" Which is pretty close to being a catchphrase, I guess.

And so many more! I may have to come back to this thread after I've thought a bit. :smile:

Alvin

Reaction score
I love the bit in Season 3...the special guest is Roy Clark...Fozzie sends all the stage hands to the country...cause Kermit told him the show was going country.
So Kermit tells Fozzie that he is going to handle the curtain and the stage hand stuff.
They argue for a little bit...classic Jim and Frank...love it, then Kermit tells him that if anything happens he is fired! Then of course all heck breaks loose, there is smoke and a fire, so backstage at one point he tells Kermit it is low flying jets! Love that episode!

Misskermie

Reaction score
What make me happy is these little sentences:

:smile::Good grief, the comedian's a bear!
:embarrassed:: No he's-a-not, He's-a-wearin' a neck tie!

also, on the dudley moore episode, when Kermit goes through all that drama with Miss Piggy, just so she can say, "my dressing room sink's stopped up again." LOL

tutter_fan

Reaction score
The only one I can pick doesn't make sense unless you hear the whole scene...so here it is from episode 314 of TMS...(my favorite line in bold)

:smile:: Thank you, thank you...Fozzie, this is not going to work!
:embarrassed:: Just read off the page frog!
:smile:: Lagies and genklefins...Lagies and genklefins?!
:embarrassed::Let's see
:smile:: That's what it says, Lagies, and Gengklefins...
:embarrassed:: Alright, so my typing is bad.
:smile:: Lagies and Genklefins...welcone again tie the Muppel Shocks. My name is Kermit the Forg…the Forg!?
:embarrassed::Come on pick up the pace, here we go...
:smile: and our spegial guest stap is the amazing Hapry Belaf-that's Harry Belafonte folks!
:embarrassed:: Kermit, your timing must be off...you should be getting big laughs with that stuff!
:smile:: aaaaghhhh...(chases Fozzie offstage)
I LOVE This little scene! I have seasons 1 & 3, and this little scene had me laughing every time I saw it! Very hilarious indeed!