1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

When a Muppet says...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by LouisTheOtter, Feb 15, 2012.

1. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I like the "Muppets All Purpose Tenderizer" bit that Bunsen does. Very funny!

"Alright, who's the smarty-pants who tenderized the table?! I MEAN IT!!!!"

That gets me every time!
    GopherCoffee and PanthraDion like this.
  2. Borples

Borples Active Member

Wembley, Boober, Red and Gobo: "Doozer stick stewwwww"
  3. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Kermit: "Kermit de Frog here!" (emphases on "de")
    Piggy: "Hai-ya!", when she karate-chops someone
    Robin: "Nobody ever notices me"
    GopherCoffee and PanthraDion like this.
  4. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Watched the Spike Milligan TMS episode last night - I had completely forgotten how funny it is in the sketch where Lew Zealand, offstage, asks Spike, "Can we have our chicken back?" Which, of course, launches a few minutes of nuttiness with Lew and Spike onstage together.

(And while he technically isn't a Muppet, I like the way Spike says "Lewwwwww Zealand" in the same sketch.)
    GopherCoffee and Ignatz like this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The Muppet Show season 4 with Dyan Cannon. When everyone refers to to Kermit as Foo Foo's ( Piggy's dog) da da. LOL! Gonzo: Well Kermit can't you do something? After all your the dogs da da. Kermit- I AM NOT THE DOGS DA DAAAAAA!!! LOL!
    GopherCoffee and LouisTheOtter like this.
  6. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

That's one of my favourites, too. I also smile at the thought of an annoyed Kermit mocking Piggy's "oo-dee-boo-boo-boo" baby-talk to Foo Foo during the first onstage sequence after the opening theme.

Piggy got a great line at the end, too, when Janice came onstage looking for Floyd (who mistreated Foo Foo earlier in the episode). Sweetly: "Oh, don't worry about Floyd..." Menacingly, to the camera: "He can breathe through the keyhole!"
    GopherCoffee and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  7. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Sam has some fantastic one liners! Like when he's censering the show;

"Disgusting! Get away!"
    "I send it to a very important person!"
    "None of your business."
    "A rat! And what is a rat doing in a legitimet theatre?"
    "You let a rat touch your food!?"
    "RAT! I am talking to you! I am making a citizens rat arrest! OUT!"
    GopherCoffee and Borples like this.
  8. devion34

devion34 New Member

:jim::) Kermit saying It's THE MUPPET SHOW YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

The Muppet Show Season 5 when Piggy plants yet another story in the paper about Kermit and her being secretly married in Vegas.

Kermit- THAT'S A BALD FACE LIE PIGGY! I WILL NOT STAND AROUND WHILE YOU DO DUMB THINGS LIKE THAT PIGGY! YOU HAVE DONE THAT TO ME TOO MANY TIMES PIGGY! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT, I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!

Piggy- Well what are you going to do?

Kermit- I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I'M GOING TO DO PIGGY, I'M GOING TO FIRE YOU PIGGY, PIGGY, YOU'RE FIRED PIGGY, YOU'RE FIRED FIRED!!!

I can only imagine the fun Jim and Frank had during that scene. LOL!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Sam during "Sam's Song" cracks me up!

"Ugh, this show is disgusting! Get away! Get away! I am going to write to someone important and put a stop to it!"
    "That is not my song! I do not have a song!"
    "Don't whistle!"
    "There is a thing whistling here!"
    "There is a lump playing harmonica!"
  11. Nasubionna

Nasubionna Active Member

I love when Sweetums sings "Is there any way to stop it??" during "Hey, A Movie!" opening "The Great Muppet Caper". :D
  12. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

"I knew you weren't suited for literature."
  13. Pinkflower7783

The Muppet Show Season 3 -Lynn Redgrave "Kermit stars as Robin Hood."

Newsman as the "Town Crier" :news: - "Five o'clock and all's well, Five o'clock and all's well! Except that Maid Marian has been kidnapped, the sheriff's up to no good, the dog is stealing the cheese, Kermit's mad at Piggy and it's really only 4:30." LOL! And then a pot falls on his head. XD
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Its not a Muppet, but it is said.

"Help. Help. This is a serious cry for help."

This line used to really annoy me as a kid, because he didn't sound at all worried about being lost in the swamp, but watching it as a grown up the completely dead-pan delivery of that cry for help is really fun. Its one of those lines that I sometimes get stuck in my head during normal everyday life which then makes me fancy watching the whole movie again just to hear it said properly.
    GopherCoffee, Borples and bandit like this.
  15. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

I am so glad to know that I am not certifiably -crazy- for getting lines stuck in my head. You always hear about music getting in people's heads but, like you, I get lines stuck in my head.
    For example, I always get Convincing John's, "Moooookeeeey" stuck in my head from the Poobah episode of Fraggle Rock. Same with Rock Hockey Hannah's "Ahahahaha Thaaaat is a quitter's reeeeaaasoonnn...." Her strange sing-song manner is just an earworm!

I guess it goes to show you audio is audio.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

The Muppet Show Season 5- Loretta Swit

Loretta- Aw, so come on now, let's sing a nice, warm, lovely together song
    Kermit- I hate sappy songs like that
    Loretta-Alright then, why don't you two just kiss and make up?
    Kermit- Well let's sing the sappy song. (For someone who sings Rainbow Connection he's got a lotta nerve! LOL!)
    Piggy-You don't make it easy, Frog! :):mad: LOL!!!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Anything Red says to Gobo is probably hilarious. What I did finally get her puns to the way she says the "chandelier". Anything Boober says can be funny too. But the song, "I'm a Little Stewpot from the similar song of the remmembering song from Youtube even though I will see the whole "Boober Gorg episode today I guess and Red's "uh-oh!" are hilarious. Hahahahahaha!
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  18. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite Muppet Show bits of all freaking time!! XD Sam is the bees knees :attitude:
  19. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I totally sing that Stewpot song sometimes :sigh: !
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. floyd<3janice

floyd<3janice Well-Known Member

Everytime janice is caught talking when no one else is
    "Look mother it's my life okay so if i want to live on the beach and walk around naked...oh" -muppet caper
    "so i told him listen buddy i dont take my clothes off for anybody even if it is artistic"-Muppets take Manhattan
    makes me laugh every time