When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Archive of American Television.

I mean, they spend time with icons and moguls who have made major contribution to the television landscape over the years, tape very lengthily and incredibly insightful interviews with these people... then they delete them for no reason.

Incredibly irritating. They just deleted Sid & Marty Kroffts' interview that's been around since 2008, and again, for no reason whatsoever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I realize ranting about this is completely useless, futile, and a waste of time and energy...

BUT 30 ROCK DOES NOT BELONG ON TV LAND! IT IS NOT A CLASSIC SERIES! IT JUST WENT OFF THE AIR, IT'S ALREADY ON THREE DIFFERENT CHANNELS, IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE ON ANOTHER CHANNEL, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEDICATED TO PRESERVING CLASSIC TELEVISION!!!

cjd874

Reaction score
It's no fun to be at a party with people who are already drunk before the alcohol's been brought out. Especially when one of them is a complete d*****bag. His smarmy voice, his arrogant manner, his actions…everything about him screamed D*****BAG. Worse thing is, he's the roommate of one of my friends, who is not always a d*****bag, but I saw a completely different side of him that night. They're both in their early twenties. I hope I never have to see this DB again in my life. I wonder if he's always been this way, or if he actually used to be a civilized human being with some shred of dignity in his past life?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I realize ranting about this is completely useless, futile, and a waste of time and energy...

BUT 30 ROCK DOES NOT BELONG ON TV LAND! IT IS NOT A CLASSIC SERIES! IT JUST WENT OFF THE AIR, IT'S ALREADY ON THREE DIFFERENT CHANNELS, IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE ON ANOTHER CHANNEL, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEDICATED TO PRESERVING CLASSIC TELEVISION!!!
This is what I really hate about television. These cable companies swooping in, stealing the rights for television shows out from under local syndication, forcing them to run absolute dreck like TMZ and some exact ripoff of TMZ 4 times a day (yeah. I have that... ticks me the heck of) and the same Judge shows and sleeze talk shows (which made a huge comeback) when all I want to see is some *&^%$ TV show reruns like they used to have. They save it all at night (except that station that has TMZ on all day packaged with another annoying piece of crap just like it), run them all together, and make hour long blocks, meaning when you actually do watch them, it's zooming through the limited number of past episodes.

If you ask me, the most currentish show that should be on TVLand is the earlier episodes of The Simpsons. Rerunning classic Simpsons episodes is a license to print money. Just like the first 10 seasons or so. Those episodes are 15 years old at the earliest.

But I'll do you one better. Ever hear of Cosi TV? WORST...RETRO...STATION...EVER! It brags about the 5 shows it actually runs, spends the rest of the time running cheap-butt movies, and I swear this is true... every time I switch onto it in the middle of the day, it's always the same infomercial for itself. And by which, a bunch of snarky people snark about the 5 shows they actually show, thinking that they're funny. Oh BOY! I haven't heard snarkiness for 2 whole seconds. I'm snarking on their low quality snark. Last week, the channel accidentally cut to Retro network's feed...on Saturday Morning. Instead of having to power through Sonic X as background noise, I watch Fat Albert... and it was glorious! Tune in again this weekened... freaking Lone Ranger.

cjd874

Reaction score
But I'll do you one better. Ever hear of Cosi TV? WORST...RETRO...STATION...EVER! It brags about the 5 shows it actually runs, spends the rest of the time running cheap-butt movies, and I swear this is true... every time I switch onto it in the middle of the day, it's always the same infomercial for itself. And by which, a bunch of snarky people snark about the 5 shows they actually show, thinking that they're funny. Oh BOY! I haven't heard snarkiness for 2 whole seconds. I'm snarking on their low quality snark. Last week, the channel accidentally cut to Retro network's feed...on Saturday Morning. Instead of having to power through Sonic X as background noise, I watch Fat Albert... and it was glorious! Tune in again this weekened... freaking Lone Ranger.
You sure are pretty snarking angry about this snarking Cosi TV network.
If I recall, I have this network on my TV back at home. The shows are all pretty bad to begin with in my opinion: the plot lines that don't connect, fakest acting in the world, and there's cheap props and corny music galore. But then when it goes to commercial, they show a Cosi advertisement promoting one of their own shows like Lost in Space or Batman with Adam West, which are ridiculous at best (although Julie Newmar was hot as Catwoman).
But in general, it's the same old snarking snark. It's getting on our snarking nerves. Snark them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My COSI station doesn't play any of that. MeTV does... but that's beside the point. I get Lone Ranger, some stupid movies in the middle of the day, that *&^%$ infomercial for itself, Charlie's Angels, Magnum P.I., and both 6 Million Dollar man and Bionic Woman... I think. And of course, to fulfill the FCC requirements, the lamest, sorriest bunch of infotainment kid's shows you ever saw. They look like cable public access shows without the budget. You can kinda see why I was ticked that I only got Retro that one weekend. Fat Albert and Filmation Ghostbusters (I was watching something else at the time, but still...) vs. ..I dunno... some show about 3 annoying kids going on field trips.

COSI seems like it was designed by 1990's Gay stereotypes. it's supposed to be camp, but it comes off as obnoxious co-workers who think they're funny or some guy with a blog that thinks he's a critic. And the entire lack of variety of shows... and they still have the same depressing old people commercials about Life insurance with the emphasis on the funeral we'll all soon have (with old people cheerfully talking like they're about to fulfill a suicide pact) and catheters... all with the "the best part of your life EVER is coming up! Make big plans no matter how close death is" upbeatness that's both unnerving and kills the daggum mood of whatever classic sitcom you're watching.

Seriously. The most depressing thing about watching old shows is supposed to only be counting how many of those funny cast members are dead.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Colonial Penn commercials are almost as hard to watch. (Although the actresses involved probably think Alex Trebek is a hottie!) The Whole Life insurance they're trying to sell is a huge rip-off (buy Term instead, folks) and the cash value they say you can build up and borrow against (meaning, pay back with interest or risk getting your policy cancelled) takes a number of years, sometimes decades, before you have any sizable amount. How the noble Mr. Trebek allowed himself to be the mouthpiece for this scam is amazing.

Next, we'll tackle Henry Winkler pushing Reverse Mortgages.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is one I keep bringing up that sounds so much so like a group of old people at a diner talking about a suicide pact... it even opens with one of them saying "[amount of money] That should do it. Just to settle the bills..."

And they place it with this AARP commercial with a woman the same age talking about how much life she has ahead of her and the "big plans" she's got.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As long as there's an internet, there's going to be trolls. :smirk: