When you need to rant...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As long as there's an internet, there's going to be trolls. :smirk:
Most Internet trolls are the spitting image of the bullies in my grammar/middle school. Fools who laugh and delight in their ignorance, naturally at the expense of others. They existed long before the Internet. The Internet just gave them legs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most Internet trolls are the spitting image of the bullies in my grammar/middle school. Fools who laugh and delight in their ignorance, naturally at the expense of others. They existed long before the Internet. The Internet just gave them legs.
Partially that. Most of it is a deep darkness that exists in those who are too chicken to actually do any of this stuff in person. Anonymity exacerbates this problem.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Partially that. Most of it is a deep darkness that exists in those who are too chicken to actually do any of this stuff in person. Anonymity exacerbates this problem.
Other people have told me that. It's just hard for me to identify with such a concept because my entire class was filled with bullies who had no problem doing any of this stuff. I wish I knew people who were afraid to act that way in real life, but sadly I knew all the brave ones, heh.

Plus in a lot of these high profile bullying cases on the news, these were bullies who did their thing both in school and out of school. And they freely admit who they are online. They just enjoy the fact that the Internet lets them continue their bullying.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I often wonder what can be done about bullying. You're never going to get rid of it entirely. Again, sometimes the only thing you can do is get out of the situation (go to a different website, go to another school, etc.).

When I was being bullied as a child, one thing that sticks out to me was out checked out the adults were. Either they were completely unaware of the bullying, or they actually participated in it themselves not realizing how much damage it was causing. Here's the thing, most of us are bullied at least once as children. But then we grow up and we look at children and think "Aww, how cute!" forgetting how asocial and cruel children can be.

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
It annoys me when people say they can do a Rowlf impression but they can't do a Bobo The Bear impression THEY HAVE THE SAME VOICE!!!!!!!!

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Petitions. They seldom work, and are usually just pretentious fanboys whining. Do they actually believe it's going to affect anything?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cuz it sort of used to. Then everyone got flooded with idiotic petitions, and they stopped listening.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it's frustrating when you actually side with the righteous indignation. A lot of great TV shows get cancelled and writing petitions doesn't do crap anymore.

And remember, we basically only got Fraggle Rock on DVD because we signed a petition... well... we as in those who have been with this site that long.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, and it's no surprise that there's currently a petition to get Google/YouTube to revert back to the previous comment system as opposed to their new you HAVE to have Google+ just to post comments. If this petition actually works, I'll eat my hat.

They petitioned Beta channels in 2009, didn't work. They petitioned 3.0 channels in 2011, didn't work. They petitioned the One channels this year, didn't work. They petitioned bulletins (which honestly were being abused and spammed anyway), didn't work. Do you want me to continue? I can go on all day, I don't care.