When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aw shut up. Winter started too late and ended too soon down here. It's back to normal now, but just last week, we had a week-long spring pattern where the temps were well into the 60s (and even the 70s one day)... likewise, back in December, it was stuck in the 60s and 70s until like the week of Christmas.
Yeah, but you're on the good side of the jet stream. We've been seeing extremely low temperatures and snow well over 2 feet above normal (which, frankly isn't bad considering it usually is much higher than that, but we've had 3 storms in a week last week). I'm not asking for it to be 90. I'm just saying at the very least get up to normal or near normal. We're not even going to see the 30's until next weekend, and it's still below normal. We're supposed to be 40 by now.

And while I hate winter, I'm not complaining about it being winter. I'm complaining about how the jet stream keeps dumping the core of the coldest air right on top of us. This is like the 6th or 7th polar vortex, and those things lasted this year. I don't mind 30's when our normal is the 30's. But 20+ degrees below normal for 2 weeks straight? It's not Spring yet, sure... but it's close. Like 3 weeks. And we're still stuck with that disgusting dirty black snow that blocks the sidewalks.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Yeah, but you're on the good side of the jet stream. We've been seeing extremely low temperatures and snow well over 2 feet above normal (which, frankly isn't bad considering it usually is much higher than that, but we've had 3 storms in a week last week). I'm not asking for it to be 90. I'm just saying at the very least get up to normal or near normal. We're not even going to see the 30's until next weekend, and it's still below normal. We're supposed to be 40 by now.

And while I hate winter, I'm not complaining about it being winter. I'm complaining about how the jet stream keeps dumping the core of the coldest air right on top of us. This is like the 6th or 7th polar vortex, and those things lasted this year. I don't mind 30's when our normal is the 30's. But 20+ degrees below normal for 2 weeks straight? It's not Spring yet, sure... but it's close. Like 3 weeks. And we're still stuck with that disgusting dirty black snow that blocks the sidewalks.
Actually, around my area (Indianapolis, IN) at the Midwest, we are stuck with polar vortex as well, but the sidewalks are not filled with grostesque black snow. Only the grass and lawns are covered with that bad stuff. We had rain the other week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We had rain, but it wasn't nearly enough. Heck, it was upper 40's for 2 days (it was supposed to be 3 day, but it only got to near 40 the first day, so our warm up streak wasn't even all that warm) and it didn't get rid of nearly enough of the snow banks. They're significantly smaller, and there are less icy patches... but they're still there.

It's been brutal for weeks, we get a short respite, then it gets brutal again. These cold fronts are the fastest things coming, but they just sit on us for weeks.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I doubt this winter will end. Seriously!

Everyone! Please stop complaining about spring. IT HAS NOT COME AT ALL LATELY. We are stuck with winter and it could last longer.
You should never doubt what nobody is sure of.

Spring still has until March 21 to get here.

And before you know it, it will be time to complain about the heat.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You should never doubt what nobody is sure of.

Spring still has until March 21 to get here.

That's true, but I do jog or sometimes run to feel the wonderful breeze. I mean exercising outdoors is what I like to do.

mr3urious

Reaction score
At least we're going to get some of that sweet Cali rain soon! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. We're getting it too... as snow!

:ouch: :grr:

I wouldn't mind the snow if it was at least warm after it.
But, quite honestly, you can do so much more with the heat. Cooling down is always more fun than trying to keep warm. Hot Chocolate doesn't taste nearly as good, or is nearly as refreshing as a slurpee or, my personal favorite, one of those goofy ice pop bars that are shaped like a cartoon character's head. I cannot stress how much I love those dumb things. Except those gumball eyes. That's why I really like the Iron Man ones.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah. We're getting it too... as snow!

:ouch: :grr:

I wouldn't mind the snow if it was at least warm after it.

But, quite honestly, you can do so much more with the heat. Cooling down is always more fun than trying to keep warm. Hot Chocolate doesn't taste nearly as good, or is nearly as refreshing as a slurpee or, my personal favorite, one of those goofy ice pop bars that are shaped like a cartoon character's head. I cannot stress how much I love those dumb things. Except those gumball eyes. That's why I really like the Iron Man ones.
True enough, but before too long we'll have another season of the "None Like It Hot " thread. At least the people in San Francisco seem to get that happy medium between the two extremes.