When you need to rant...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that the biggest reason the bill was vetoed was the backlash from business interests (especially the NFL threatening to move next year's Super Bowl) moreso than any moral sentiment. But like you said, the bill getting vetoed is good no matter what the reasons.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm glad for the veto, even if it's not for the best reasons, because I can see the other states nixing similar legislation after seeing what a black eye Arizona got over the issue.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Great to see my state shoot down another potentially harmful bill (to both sides).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I said, this had zero chance of being passed and I doubt they ever thought it would. It's just to keep the base energized (ugh, I hate that buzzword, lol).

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it was supposed to energize their base, it might just work, but it also manages to make the Republicans look exactly like the very same outrageous strawmen parody figures that they complain about the left painting them as. I really want to see more moderate conservatives revolt against the far, far right swing the party has took. Especially the Log Cabin Republicans (gay conservatives) who should take umbrage to the fact their own party keeps scapegoating them for votes. They spoke up against conservatives that didn't want to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell, I don't see why more of them aren't vocal about their party continuously pandering to the evangelical base instead of the issues their party is actually good at.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Both parties always seem to keep their moderates in hiding. It's all about being the winner, not what's good for the country. These people are millionaires, no matter what happens to us, they will be fine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know what I'm really sick of?

Well below average cold. We've had it since freaking November, and the freaking polar vortex crap is still hanging around. We've had 3 days of at or slightly above normal temperatures after a 2 week streak of cold, and now we're looking at another 2 week streak. I've had it with this terrible winter. It's the worst we've had in years and the freaking longest!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw shut up. Winter started too late and ended too soon down here. It's back to normal now, but just last week, we had a week-long spring pattern where the temps were well into the 60s (and even the 70s one day)... likewise, back in December, it was stuck in the 60s and 70s until like the week of Christmas.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You know what I'm really sick of?

Well below average cold. We've had it since freaking November, and the freaking polar vortex crap is still hanging around. We've had 3 days of at or slightly above normal temperatures after a 2 week streak of cold, and now we're looking at another 2 week streak. I've had it with this terrible winter. It's the worst we've had in years and the freaking longest!
I doubt this winter will end. Seriously!

Everyone! Please stop complaining about spring. IT HAS NOT COME AT ALL LATELY. We are stuck with winter and it could last longer.