When your spouse thinks your crazy...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gee heralde, figured at least you of all people would know what I mean, what with your worldiness and all. :stick_out_tongue:
"Somehow I feel my charisma is slipping away..." :smile: :wink:

I think common characteristics vs. similar interests could probably go either way as far as success rate.

but lets just say he had skewed priorities
Very true, I've had similar experiences with people when your goals and priorities just aren't the same. That can do a lot of damage.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Personally, I think a relationship would probably stand a better chance at surviing if you share similar interests as opposed to haing things in common... at least, those qualities seem to be more important to most superficial people.
Er....disagree strongly. Thinking about the world, life, etc in the same fashion is a much stronger basis for compatibility than liking the same TV shows! Of course, if you think similarly, odds are you'll be able to enjoy the other person's interests too...

----------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course, if you think similarly, odds are you'll be able to enjoy the other person's interests too
Well my parents are very similar in personality but my Dad's really into the outdoors and my Mom...isn't, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Er....disagree strongly. Thinking about the world, life, etc in the same fashion is a much stronger basis for compatibility than liking the same TV shows! Of course, if you think similarly, odds are you'll be able to enjoy the other person's interests too...

----------------
Well again, I'm speaking of more superficial people who really don't care about what's deep down, y'know?

beaker

Reaction score
My ex was a muppet fan. Its a shame things didnt really work out :/

But that just goes to show you even when you have stuff in common its not always the best
Sadly it's so true. I've met a lot of girls into the same music/fashion/art/film/books/nerdyness...but personality wise....yeah...

There is something inherently magical about Muppet fans, and I'd be a bit offput if a potential mate didn't have at least a passing nostalgic like of Jim Henson stuff

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There is something inherently magical about Muppet fans, and I'd be a bit offput if a potential mate didn't have at least a passing nostalgic like of Jim Henson stuff
On the other hand, introducing a partner to a new interest can also bring a couple closer together.

beaker

Reaction score
On the other hand, introducing a partner to a new interest can also bring a couple closer together.
No I mean someone who knows what it is and just doesn't like it. Believe it or not I've met girls who "hated" the Muppets

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No I mean someone who knows what it is and just doesn't like it. Believe it or not I've met girls who "hated" the Muppets
In those cases it just depends on how the hate manifests itself. I have really close friends who hate things I like, but we can joke about it.