When your spouse thinks your crazy...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i may be one of the younger ones posting here at 26 but i have to agree with whats mostly been said...maybe she just feels you are doing to much focusing with your puppets and not really focusing on anything else perhaps feels your losing touch with somethings...but maybe sit down with her have a normal dinner and just talk you 2 no puppets nothing and slowly bring it up let her know she is first in your book or whatever but talk it out.... my last ex and me actually had a arguments about this not because i was obsessed with my puppetry but she thought it was a phase and actually told me at some point in our life she expected me to give up my puppetry and dreams of tv,muppets and basically my entire being to be a farmer on some future organic farm of hers.

thankfully my current GF knows this is my life and she supports me...she even helps me when needed, in performing

beaker

Reaction score
I know I have to eat my words now,mainly because I think chronic cosplayers are extremelycrazy (and I mean MENTAL) people, and a wonderful young lady I've had my eyes and heart on is exactly one of those chronic cosplayers, I've lost count of how many of these anime conventions she's been to since I've known her these past four years.
Man, I'd be beyond thrilled to meet a girl who liked cosplaying! Or a nerd girl in general. Ive been going to a lot of anime/comic/etc conventions for over a decade and never had much luck meeting girls.

beaker

Reaction score
Heh, yeah compromise is good...but balance is good too. I mean if I have to wait another 34 years, I'd rather wait than be with a girl who didnt share delight and support in a lot of the things I love.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ive been going to a lot of anime/comic/etc conventions for over a decade and never had much luck meeting girls.
Seriously? It seems to me like tese conventions are like pick-up central... I mean at least, that's what happened to the girl I was talking about: she went to a convention, some jerk started hitting on her, she was desparate, and they've been together ever since. :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's been my experience that shared passions, while important, will not always guarantee a successful relationship. Plus it's certainly fine for a spouse to have zero interest in the other spouse's passions, as long as he/she is respectful and not cruelly dismissive.

beaker

Reaction score
Seriously? It seems to me like tese conventions are like pick-up central... I mean at least, that's what happened to the girl I was talking about: she went to a convention, some jerk started hitting on her, she was desparate, and they've been together ever since. :smirk:
One would think! Ive just never had luck in that dept.
Well...for over a decade Ive been going to all manner of cons(and concerts/events/etc), usually well dressed in inventive outfits, always very warm fun and friendly. Sometimes I have a table selling my art, other times promoting in other ways or there with friends. But Ive rarely have had luck with girls in the non platonic realm.

Oh she's taken? As tough as it is to know someone you fancy is taken, even worse when they like you back!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
My wife is supportive (it helps that puppets are part of my job that I get paid for). She helps me direct our puppet team at school and even used to perform with me before we had kids. She does tend to roll her eyes when I do more weird things with the puppets but she is still supportive in the end.. it really showed when I got interviewed by CNN she even commented at the end of the article http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/07/the-newest-muppet-is-a-geek/?hpt=hp_bn8 to me that almost made up for any of the eye rolling.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I don't have a spouse, but my boyfriend always thinks I'm crazy! I feel neglected by him sometimes, but he still supports me in my muppety things...I kinda brainwashed him.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My ex was a muppet fan. Its a shame things didnt really work out :/

But that just goes to show you even when you have stuff in common its not always the best

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My ex was a muppet fan. Its a shame things didnt really work out :/

But that just goes to show you even when you have stuff in common its not always the best
There's a difference between having things in common, and sharing similar interests.