1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by ssetta, Jan 13, 2016.

1. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I know I may have said this earlier but, I will post it again.
    Who cares about where the episodes come from just be glad we are getting rare content.

2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

My friend out there, PumpkinJFriend, told me to post :rolleyes::

''I have doubts that though these Season 1, 10, 12, 20, and 22 episodes got leaked from Sesame Workshop's vault, and I'm frustrated that the other rare clips like "Windy" and "Ernie and the Candy Salesman" likely won't get leaked online ever since the German dubs of these clips got removed years ago. I'm also struggling with keeping a watch on more International Sesame Street episodes (foreign co-productions) surface online because I can't find anymore classic 1969-1971 Muppet clips (after his most recent upload was The Answer Lady "Telephone" sketch in German). I have hopes someone else can help leak the majority of Season 1-3 Muppet segments online, including "Windy" and "Ernie and the Candy Salesman."

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  3. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

It's less likely that it will happen again as Sesame Workshop probably caught the person who leaked their episodes. But there's still hope...

4. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

People want to know so they can get more.

5. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

How do you know this?

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that Tiny Dancer uploads her videos from the trading circuit.

7. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

I don't. I'm just making an assumption

8. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

True, but the root of the episodes is probably the vault because of the countdown timers at the beginning (which is a dead giveaway that they come from the original master tapes), as PBS broadcasts don't have the timers, and their excellent quality. The countdown timers aren't seen in the YouTube uploads but they are still present in the trading circles.

gavry3 and BradyBunchFan like this.
  9. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I still want to know what happened during episode 498.

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Assuming this is the same Tiny Dancer who ran The Sesame Street Lyrics Archive, she once said on Facebook that a Sesame Workshop intern made her a tape of clips taken from the archives as well.

gavry3 and BradyBunchFan like this.
  11. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Thread bump. So, Guille (Sawing14s/MuppetVJ/Boober_Gorg) recently uploaded these photos to the Wiki:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] ("I'm Square")
    [​IMG] ("Wonderful Me")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He also posted photos and info for this song: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Surprise_(Geiss/Pottle)

I wonder if he got access to more rare episodes, or just these stand alone clips...either way, I hope they're all uploaded to YouTube sometime soon (especially the "Surprise" song)!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    cjd874 likes this.
  12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

I heard about the "Surprise!" song with Big Bird (some people I noticed even got it mixed up with the Little Jerry song). I would love to see it myself one day.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  13. sesamemuppetfan

cjd874 and gavry3 like this.
  14. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I've seen the sketch with Luis, Kermit and Cookie before! I think on a SS Podcast or something...

15. sesamemuppetfan

Which one? The only time I can recall it being shown during the 21st century was on a 2003 Sesamstrasse home video (dubbed in German, of course).

16. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I don't remember, maybe on a classic episode on youtube... But what I know is I DO remember seeing that sketch very well.

17. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

I find the cutaways for "Surprise!" hilarious, and the voice overs from Frank Oz sure add to the humor. I liked the Stuie Monster cameo especially.

gavry3 likes this.
  18. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

HALLELUJAH! What a day to be a Sesame Street fan! It's been almost five years since I first heard about "Surprise," and now I've finally seen it. I'm also happy about seeing the TV versions of "I'm Square" and "Wonderful Me," as well as the sketch with Luis, Kermit, and Cookie Monster. I think the last one was a remake of a first-season skit with Ernie and Gordon, if I'm not mistaken.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

That might have been what I saw.

20. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

The Surprise song exceeded my expectations. It's sketches like that that make you realize why the cast members stayed on the show as long as they did. They all look like they're having so much fun! Also, it's always really great to get to see Frank Oz's characters interact with the human cast.

sesamemuppetfan and Mo Frackle like this.