1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Where in the world is Caroll Spinney?

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by TheCreatureWork, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TheCreatureWork Active Member

I've been in search to meet Mr. Spinney for the last 2 years! I tried to contact his agent but nobody ever gets back to me. I live in Canada but will travel to meet him. Anyone know where I can meet Caroll Spinney in the next couple of months?:wisdom:
  2. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

He sometimes is a guest at various film conventions. Some of the ones he's done recently: Chiller Theatre in Parsippany, NJ or Supermegashow in Boston or sometimes they have ones in NJ.
  3. TheCreatureWork Active Member

Still searching

If anyone knows before he makes an appearance that would be great as I would need to book a hotel or flight.
  4. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Just keep checking the websites for these conventions, you will get the hotel information on there as well.
  5. Convincing John Well-Known Member

You could try this. I just happened to stumble across it while doing some research for my exhibit. Just scroll down and you'll see him.
    http://www.nonsportcardexpo.com/

Convincing John
  6. the80sdrummer Member

That's awesome, Convincing John. Thanks for the post. I'm curious as to what other conventions besides the largely-promoted Comic-Cons there are out there? I love meeting the stars that attend these things. Any help with sites or information on the various conventions?
  7. Greenlantern999 New Member

I just got a post card today that says he will be at Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo from September 9th-12th here is the website www.chicagolandexpo.com I have owned a comic shop for 5 years in Chicago and have never heard of this so it is either brand new or relatively unpublicized. Normally I don't give these things a second thought but I saw Caroll's name and had to pass the info along!
  8. TheCreatureWork Active Member

Wow! Thank you guys soooo much!
  9. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I never heard of that convention either. I'm not sure if there's one comprehensive site that lists all kinds of fan conventions because there's so many different ones out there, from horror to sci-fi to generic movie ones or ones themed after just a particular movie or T.V. show.

Some of the ones I've gone to in the past are Chiller Theatre, Monster Mania, Big Apple Con, NY Comic Con, to name a few. But I've also been to some Rocky Horror Picture Show conventions, etc.

But keep in mind, sometimes guests cancel at the last minute, so you gotta bear that in mind for making plans to go to these things. My new rule is I don't go now unless there's at least 3 people I want to see so that if one or two cancel, the whole day is not a let down.
  10. DarkChrystal New Member

Caroll Spinney will also be appearing this year at New York Comic Con on October 8th through 10th, 2010. It is not yet posted on their website, but he will be appearing there courtesy of the Toonseum, Pittsburgh's Museum of Cartoon Art (www.toonseum.org). So if you want to meet him there, seek out the Toonseum booth (booth #2300) as he will not be grouped with the other celebrities. Also at the Toonseum booth will be: Noel MacNeal (Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House, Leon from Puzzle Place), Jim Martin (Gary Gnu from the Great Space Coaster, Ben from Puzzle Place, and FOX 5's ORIGINAL D.J. Kat), Judy Sladky (Alice Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street and Snoopy's "best friend!") and David Newell (Mr. McFeely from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood). This group of notables will also be giving a panel on Sunday (2:45pm on Oct 10th- "Children's TV Legends"). Hope you can make it!
  11. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

OMG is he really? And i actually have tix to the Comic Con! Also would love to meet Noel. Been a big fan of Bear for years now.
  12. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Do you know the times of when Carroll will be there?
  13. DarkChrystal New Member

I believe Caroll will be there for the whole run of the convention, so if you stop by and he's not there, just swing back again in a few minutes (I will post more info as Caroll's schedule becomes more available). As for Noel, I am not certain what times he will be there except that he will definitely be there for the panel on Sunday, so he will probably be at the Toonseum booth on Sunday at the very least. As I find out more, I will post more!
  14. DarkChrystal New Member

15. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

16. DarkChrystal New Member

I do some volunteer work for them, so that's how I knew about Comic-Con! I hope you will stop by their booth! Be sure to let Joe Wos (the Executive Director of the Toonseum) that you heard about it here!
  17. zns Active Member

So what happened at the convention? How was Caroll? Tell us everything. :wisdom::grouchy:
  18. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I emailed him actually to get more info about the appearance and panel and told them I heard about it here. Thank you so much for the heads up, though!
  19. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

It didn't happen yet, Zach. It's Oct. 10th
  20. TheCreatureWork Active Member

Crappy!

I'll have to miss him again :-(
    I still have yet to meet the man. Thanks for everyone posting here! Please keep them coming as I hope one day my schedule is free at one of the events he is touring.

Again, thanks goes out to everyone who has posted thus far.