Where in the world is Caroll Spinney?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'll have to miss him again :-(
I still have yet to meet the man. Thanks for everyone posting here! Please keep them coming as I hope one day my schedule is free at one of the events he is touring.

Again, thanks goes out to everyone who has posted thus far.
You're welcome. I have met him a couple of times but very briefly and I still have yet to get a nice picture with him which I'm hoping for when I go.

DarkChrystal

Reaction score
I'll have to miss him again :-(
I still have yet to meet the man. Thanks for everyone posting here! Please keep them coming as I hope one day my schedule is free at one of the events he is touring.

Again, thanks goes out to everyone who has posted thus far.
What are you doing in November? Caroll will be at the Toonseum in Pittsburgh, PA to open an exhibit of his art, aptly called "The Art of Caroll Spinney." There is a fundraising reception that he will be attending, so that may be an opportunity to meet him. According to the Toonseum blog: " A new exhibit, The Art of Caroll Spinney, opens on November 5th, and features paintings, cartoons and comics by Mister Spinney. Best known for his portrayal of Big Bird and Oscar, Caroll is an accomplished artist whose fanciful work often features the beloved characters he has portrayed throughout his career. The exhibit opening will be followed on November 6th byKA-BLAM! the ToonSeum's annual fundraiser." Contact the Toonseum via their website, Facebook, or Twitter to find out more about the exhibit.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
DarkChrystal, will the Toonseum booth be selling copies of Caroll's book or anything like that to have him autograph? I gave away my copy of his book months ago.

For people attending NYCC, here is their autograph schedule:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/NYCC/Autographs/Master-Chart/

It says Caroll will be signing at the following times at Booth 2300 (Toonseum):

Friday 1-3 PM, 4-6 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 12 PM, 2-6 PM
Sunday 10 AM - 1 PM, 4-5 PM

MelissaY1

Reaction score
DarkChrystal, will the Toonseum booth be selling copies of Caroll's book or anything like that to have him autograph? I gave away my copy of his book months ago.

For people attending NYCC, here is their autograph schedule:

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/NYCC/Autographs/Master-Chart/

It says Caroll will be signing at the following times at Booth 2300 (Toonseum):

Friday 1-3 PM, 4-6 PM
Saturday 10 AM - 12 PM, 2-6 PM
Sunday 10 AM - 1 PM, 4-5 PM
When I contacted Joe who's running the Toonseum booth, he told me Carroll will have the books, sketches and photos to sign for people.

zns

Reaction score
When I contacted Joe who's running the Toonseum booth, he told me Carroll will have the books, sketches and photos to sign for people.
Hope everyone has a great time. I had the chance to talk to Caroll for a few minutes when I visited the set of Sesame Street two years ago. It was the last day of shooting season 39, and he was just getting ready to leave. He is definately the Jim Henson of Sesame Street. If I could spend an entire day with him chatting about his life and his work, everything would be complete. God bless that man.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
I met Caroll on Saturday! He was incredibly nice, and did Big Bird's voice for me unprompted! Sweetest guy you could meet. I saw him draw a picture of Oscar for someone. His meticulousness was amazing. I asked him what kind of markers he uses... well, they're the expensive kind. $250 each, and he had a huge set of them!

He autographed a photo of him with Big Bird and Oscar for me. It's very cute, he writes "Love, Big Bird" and "Rottenly, Oscar" on it.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I met him on Sunday, and got a pic with him. Really very genuinely nice man and he took a lot of time with people. I had him sign my The Wisdom of Big Bird book....and I'm delighted to have finally gotten him to sign it after all this time. Plus I found out I have a first edition printing of the book!

I also got to meet Noel MacNeal from Bear in the Big Blue House and attended the Legends of Children's Television panel later Sunday afternoon. All around good time.