Where is the guy who always goes to Charlie's Restaurant?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Wasn't Fat Blue also known as Sam The Soundman?Or was that another muppet character who looked remarkabley like Fat Blue? :confused:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
Wasn't Fat Blue also known as Sam The Soundman?Or was that another muppet character who looked remarkabley like Fat Blue? :confused:
I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Two different characters who look remarkably alike. Kind of like me and my evil clone.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
wow, I didn't realize that he wasn't on anymore.
He was one of my favorite skits as well.
I LOVE Grover, but always felt sorry for the poor guy.
I liked when he'd make a noise for what he wanted, like a 'cockadoodledoo!' sandwich...and Grover brought him a telephone on a plate. :concern:

:cry: *sniff* I know what happened to him...he starved to death.
I don't think that he ever got to eat a meal there ever. His food was always being dropped on the floor, stepped on, spilled on him...and most times the food was plastic or not even edible. *sob*
After all these years, he just couldn't go on. Or if he is still around, then it's because we can't recognize him. He may look like a short blue stick with a moustache.

:stick_out_tongue: hee hee...i really miss the old characters. it's always sad to see them go.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it would be funny if 1 day the man had it with Grover and he beat grover up and the cops have to come and take him away.

Censored

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Two different characters who look remarkably alike. Kind of like me and my evil clone.
Simon Soundman was his brother.

Censored

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
wow, I didn't realize that he wasn't on anymore.
He was one of my favorite skits as well.
I LOVE Grover, but always felt sorry for the poor guy.
I liked when he'd make a noise for what he wanted, like a 'cockadoodledoo!' sandwich...and Grover brought him a telephone on a plate. :concern:
Simon Soundman made the noise of the animals, not Fat Blue. Simon Soundman was in at least one skit with Grover the waiter instead of Fat Blue. It was in that skit, that Simon implied that Fat Blue was his brother.

Also, if you recall, in the early skits it was Fat Blue who aggravated Grover, but at some point, Grover turned the tables.

scarecroe

Reaction score
ssetta said:
They don't like to use minor characters anymore ... they would never use him anymore
That's not entirely accurate. Minor characters still show up here and there, just not as prominently as they used to. The focus has just come back on the core characters of late... which is a good thing.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I remember that guy! He was the one who used to get really frustrated with Grover in the restaurant, lol. I loved that! Sesame street was such an excellent show back then! not that its not now but it was better then.

Censored

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
I remember that guy! He was the one who used to get really frustrated with Grover in the restaurant, lol. I loved that! Sesame street was such an excellent show back then! not that its not now but it was better then.
I actually thought the early skit, where Grover would get frustrated with Fat Blue, were a little funnier. The very first skit was the one about alphabet soup where Fat Blue insisted on having every letter of the alphabet in it. Grover would go in the back and say, "Charlie, we've got a weird one here." After running Grover ragged, Fat Blue told him to get him another bowl because this soup has gotten cold. Grover then faints from exhaustion. That really seemed more in keeping with Grover's character.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Simon Soundman made the noise of the animals, not Fat Blue. Simon Soundman was in at least one skit with Grover the waiter instead of Fat Blue. It was in that skit, that Simon implied that Fat Blue was his brother.
Also, if you recall, in the early skits it was Fat Blue who aggravated Grover, but at some point, Grover turned the tables.
Aye merember! I forgot to ask in my last post if them two guys were different characters. I knew there was a Simon. I saw almost all of them skits with Grover and recall the one where he said had a brother.
Yeah, Grover did work really hard to please the sound guy, but with the other guy, he got a bit clumsy.