Where's the family?

Davina

Reaction score
Family Info...

Since we're discussing what our families are like...
I'm the oldest of three.. one sister, and one brother.... former army brat, too. :attitude:
Last January I got married, so now I have a husband, and 4 step kids, too. Three girls (age 16, 9, and 5) and a boy (age 15). We had the two youngest girls with us last summer, and that was fun. Last year, both of my grandfathers passed away. So did my dad.
We just found out that my step son is being shipped off to us. He's been causing trouble for his mom in Washington, and she's tired of dealing with him, so now we get to.
When I got married, I moved to Alaska :zany: where my husband lives, so that's where I am now, but was born in Kansas, and have lived in Idaho, California, Georgia, Nebraska, Colorado, and Utah as well.
Oh yes, last year we also added to our family when we rescued an adorable little dog, whom we named Pepe. She's a pomeranian, and when we got her she'd been so stressed from abuse and neglect that she'd lost her coat and she looked soo like him, we had to give her his name. :rolleyes: she's grown her coat back now, and is a little fluffball, but she's developing his attitude in that all available attention should be devoted towards her.. :smile:

so, that's my little family.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
that's some family you have.

alaska huh? i've always wnated to go to alaska and hike in the forests, but not get attacked by any bears or any other wildlife!

ryan

Davina

Reaction score
Alaska..

It is beautiful here, but, yes, you do have to occasionally watch out for the wildlife... So far, all I've run into are moose wandering through town, but last year we did have that little incident where a bear "expert" went and did some stupid things and got himself mauled to death. Mostly though, like anywhere else, you leave them alone, don't do anything stupid (like spray scent all over your base camp during mating season, leave food out, etc) and take a few basic precautions, you should be fine :smile:

Phantom

Reaction score
I guess I haven't been here long enough. I still feel like an outsider...but, I feel that way in my family, too. Awww...hug.....