Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read that when Jerry Beck appeared on Stu's Show yesterday, he confirmed that the Rocky and Bullwinkle short is still coming out later this year, only with a different movie (I think it's the movie that the short that comes with Mr. Peabody and Sherman is related to).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only other Dreamwork's animated Film is HTTYD 2. It might just pop up there. I just hope it's paired with an animated movie, instead of some dumb family thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And of course, just after the movie.

But it's great that there's some classic merchandise out there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And of course, just after the movie.

But it's great that there's some classic merchandise out there.

I'm sure that Mr. Peabody and Sherman were included because of the movie. If not for the movie, I would have expected Dudley Do-Right to be included (I like Mr. Peabody better, but Do-Right seems to have been the most popular supporting segment), and if I was in charge I would have included Boris and Natasha.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's probably just the first series. Peabody and Sherman are no doubt for the movie (but based on retro designs). Rocky and Bullwinkle are just the other two, so I'm guessing that if these 4 do well, Boris, Natasha, Dudley, and maybe Snidely will be made as well. Curiously, the four released are numbered 4-8 in the animation category (relatively new) and are the only Animation category figures to be available.

And off topic, there's also going to be an Arrested Development series. Including Buster with regular and hook hand.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The last issue of Rocky and Bullwinkle features an Angry Birds variant

It's kinda cute, but not as epic as the Ghostbusters and Star Trek Bird variants.

Kinda disappointed there's no TMNT, Transformers, Dexter's Lab, or MLP:FIM Angry Bird crossover covers.

Edit: Closer inspection of issues 2 and 3, it looks like Gidney and Cloyd may be involved in the series. At least issue 3, where it has a moon-centric plotline.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Issue 1 of the 4 part miniseries is out now. Bullwinkle fans will be happy. It's a really good read.

It's true to the original, with a little of Mark's styling on it. The artwork is fantastic, with Roger giving a a nice spin on the character designs, giving them a little more depth and weight than usual. Peachfuzz is even in it. It's definitely worth the 4 bucks.

What I couldn't find, however is the Graphic Novel reprinting of the Gold Key issues.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I saw Mr. Peabody and Sherman today. It was a great movie.

I had read that a photo of Bullwinkle appears in the background, but I didn't catch it. I assume it's in an early scene where we see several pictures on the wall, there were too many for me to get a good look at them all fast enough.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I had read that a photo of Bullwinkle appears in the background, but I didn't catch it. I assume it's in an early scene where we see several pictures on the wall, there were too many for me to get a good look at them all fast enough.
I love seeing cartoon movies in 3-D, but it gets hard to see details sometimes. So I missed it as well. I highly suggest picking up the IDW comics as supplemental material. The last issue even leads into the opening of the film.

But yeah, I loved that movie. Not as much as Lego or MMW, but it was quite honestly the best Jay Ward cartoon film ever made. Though, the competition really isn't that heavy. Maybe George of the Jungle. If this DVD comes with Feelies or something, like Croods came with a Belt plush or Turbo came with a pull back racer, I'm going to fget it ASAP.