Who are the top 5 posters?

Luke

Reaction score
Well the Simpsons is on TV about 3 times a day worldwide so you'd expect it. 500 is very good for the Muppets, Henson only figured on there being well under 1000 HARDCORE fans left so with the internet:non internet population ratio i'd say they cut themselves short a little bit. For every 3 fans online, theres probably an addition 1 or maybe even 2 at home without a PC or who have not discovered MC yet.

beaker

Reaction score
Well the Simpsons is on TV about 3 times a day worldwide so you'd expect it. 500 is very good for the Muppets, Henson only figured on there being well under 1000 HARDCORE fans left so with the internet:non internet population ratio i'd say they cut themselves short a little bit. For every 3 fans online, theres probably an addition 1 or maybe even 2 at home without a PC or who have not discovered MC yet.<<<<<

oh, I was just saying that the muppets have been around 5 decades, versus the simpsons being on about 12 years.
yeah, the simpsons is on here on non cable tv twice daily. however, the muppets have reached so many people and cultures...due to some of the episodes its hard to imagine the simpsons could reach that kind of level.

that jhc coming up with the '1000' figure always intrigued me. did they just pull that out of some random number generating computer? hmmm.

now speaking of hardcore muppet fans, recently i saw that 'MUPPETS' licence plate(so i imagine its the only one in the world) they didnt seem to know anything about modern muppet stuff, or really that into em at all cept for some tns nostalgia. i gave em my number and the url to mc. i sooo wish i could buy off and transfer that plate!!! imagine, me th eonly one in the world with the plate "M U P P E T S"!!! how elite would that be???

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Well popularity is usually measured more in media prescence and TV share rather than just how long something has been around on and off. The Simpsons being on all the time will be fresher in peoples minds each day and has constant exposure - so there ya go.

As for Henson pulling figures out of a hat .. certainly not. They've commisioned all kinds of market research before, they've even had a firm of lawyers and researchers look into internet prescense and sites which use any of the 'Muppet' names or trademarks. In fact Henson are told IMMEDIATELY if anybody registers a domain name with the word 'Muppet' in it. People are watching far closer than you think, it's just there are more important things to be deal with first in the company before they start getting involved more with how things are represented on the internet.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
wow, howd ya come up with that list?
All you have to do is click the "members" tab on the top of the page, then click the link that says "Top 10 posters"---it starts with the Top 10 and goes page by page from there. :smile: