Who are your favorite filmmaker(s)?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I have to say I agree with all the Tim Burton lovers here. He is such an awesome director. I love how creative his films are he is so different than other directors and that he uses Johnny Depp a lot who I absolutely love for his amazing acting talents and very good looks. My all time fave Burton movie is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't know why I just fell in love with it when it came out. Nightmare Before Christmas is in a close second though.
Yeah, Burton's great. I love his early shorts, Vincent and Frankenweenie. And of course Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice and Ed Wood, which is my favorite Burton film. I can't wait for Sweeney Todd!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
When Charlie and the Choclate Factory first came out, I thought it would be ridiculous and wouldn't live up to the original. Then I saw it and now I love it more then the original!

janicegroupie

Reaction score
When Charlie and the Choclate Factory first came out, I thought it would be ridiculous and wouldn't live up to the original. Then I saw it and now I love it more then the original!
I felt the same way and almost didn't see it because I really didn't care but I am so happy I did see it because I became totally obsessed with the movie. I definitely prefer it to the original.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Although I grew up with the Gene Wilder version of Wonka, I have to say I like Burton's better. It's closer to the book.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I prefer the original.. there was just something magical about Gene Wilder's Wonka.. Johnny Depp's was a little too creepy for my tastes

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
It's amazing that ALL the Oompa-Loompas in Burton's film were played by one guy!:crazy: