Who are your favorite filmmaker(s)?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
this intrigues me...

these are all classics.. I thought it was neat to see at the Oscars this past year that Clint Eastwood still remembers his Italian
I don't know about Capone Rising. De Palma usually doesn't do sequels. Greetings and Hi, Mom! are only linked by De Niro playing the same character. Some of the actors who appeared in Greetings also appear in Hi, Mom! but they play totally different characters.

Ennio Morricone is my favorite film composer, second only to Bernard Hermann (who scored De Palma's Sisters).

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
When I saw Stanly Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odysee", I was thinking that it would propbably be some typical 1960's sci-fi movie. I was wrong. The film was amazing, the special effects and the "deeper meaning" of it all. This film made me long for movies that didn't have some straight-forward plot and that made you think. Ironically I've only seen 1 and two-thirds of his movies: 2001 and most of Spartacus.
Nick Park of Aardman Animations is another favorite filmmaker of mine mainly because his Wallace and Gromit films are somewhat the base of my inspiration to be a filmmaker. I also like Tim Burton.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hahahahaha! Yeah, It scared the h-e-double hockey sticks (:wink:) outta me, too! Havn't seen it for yonks, mind you. :eek:
I haven't, either, but the image of that dummy still creeps me out!:eek:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
My second favorite director is JJ Abrams. Alias is a fantastic TV series, and Mission Impossible 3 is one of my favorite movies of all time.
I liked MI3. It had a great cast, especially Phillip Seymour Hoffman, coming off his Oscar win for Capote. Hoffman made a very memorable villain, and keeps his steely cool throughout, even when Cruise is dangling him out of a plane. I'm interested to see what Abrams will do film-wise in the future.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
He's also supposed to have something to do with bringing Stephen King's The Dark Tower series to some form of media.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Call me French, but I'm a Jerry Lewis fan. He is an excellent comedy director, and his movies never stop cracking me up. He truly is a brilliant comedian, and his directing/writing styles are perfect in bringing out his best, I think.

Jim Henson. I can pick almost any shot in Labyrinth or The Dark Crystal, and it would be absolutely beautiful. He's not as strong with actors, but he has a wonderful eye. George Lucas is another one who makes some incredibly beautiful films, though my opinion on his ability to direct actors is significantly less. :stick_out_tongue: