Who knew getting a job would be this hard???

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know this pain, I've been searching and searching and SEARCHING for a job, and either find something I could do but need experience, or I never hear back. I don't know now much longer this can be kept up :/
Yeah! It's crazy! I get the same thing with not ever hearing back.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I say just join the circus and become a rodeo clown. That was in my top 10 list of things I wanted to be when I grew up.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I say just join the circus and become a rodeo clown. That was in my top 10 list of things I wanted to be when I grew up.
Yeah, that sounds like an idea. But am I qualified. My mom sometimes ask me if I wasn't to run away and join the circus, kiddingly... at least I hope. :embarrassed:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
LOL, well I'm certainly weird enough to be a carnie but I don't think I could do it XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hehe, my Grandma's originally from Italy and the family often tells the story of how she nearly tried running away as a child to be with a Gypsy Circus, lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hehe, my Grandma's originally from Italy and the family often tells the story of how she nearly tried running away as a child to be with a Gypsy Circus, lol.
Well, I do have Gypsy blood, so who knows? :confused:

Davina

Reaction score
funny to see this thread started in 2003...

with my hubby deployed (which turned out to be great timing.. the company he worked for has started laying ppl off... but have to hire him back for a certain amount of time when he gets back regardless...) and several of the guys in his group don't have jobs to come back to because companies no longer exist.. anyway.. i decided to go back to work.. at least part time... I have a BS in education with a library emphasis.. have years and years of experience in office work and some library work before i married and got to stay home for the last 6 years... so i started looking in december... employment agency out right told me that my education and experience were worthless because i'd been out of the work force too long... gee thanks...
anyway.. i did manage to eventually find something.. just started working part time at the local library.. right now it's really part time.. i'm getting 9 hours my first week.. but it's a start and it's something.. and gives me that foot in the door for something better when it opens up...
am just happy to have finally found something...
good luck to everyone else.. just keep plugging away.. right now may have to take jobs you normally wouldn't think about.. but hey.. whatever it takes to get through this depression... (and you can live on rice and beans... heh.. )

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
but hey.. whatever it takes to get through this depression... (and you can live on rice and beans... heh.. )
I guess I'm lucky that I've never had it so bad that I had to live like that before. So it always could be worse.