1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by caper, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Though I can totally imagine Waldo C. graphic appearing at TED talking CGI.
    Lola p and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  2. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just jaded because I'm a gamer, and I stare at CGI graphics too much, but no matter how you slice it, CGI looks BAD against a set with living people. Its jarring. I even went back to damage my brain with the Ted trailer to take a look at the CGI. Its good, I'll give it that, but I can still tell its CGI.

However, I am not against CGI. There are some great all CGI movies. But CGI is just nothing special these days when companies overkill it. Scott Pilgrim had the best use of CGI I have seen in a movie in years.
    heralde likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

As the saying goes "If it's not broke don't fix it."
  4. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  5. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

No! NO! NOOOO! Without puppets, where is the charm in making new mechanisms like eyebrow movements? And the satisfaction of turning a piece of felt into something grand? Sure, you can design your own CGI characters, but as Jason said, you can't hug it. You can't talk with someone in CGI. I mean, what would you rather do, talk to an animation on a screen, or a Muppet sitting next to you? I rest my case... ;)
  6. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause I'd like pretty stupid talking to an animated Kermit the Frog. :p
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  7. SSLFan Well-Known Member

Not related to the post but just wanted to say I LOVE your signiture Pinkflower! That was one of my favorite quotes from the movie! :)
  8. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Actually, in many cases where a human actor is interacting with a cgi character, some kind of "prop" is used for the actor to interact with so that the eye placement is correct and so the actor isn't talking to nothing. Many times its some kind of rudimentary puppet that is edited out.
  9. caper Member

Just Imagine Fozzie Bear with this effect:

:)

Mind you, they would still look like puppets like the video above.
  10. Hubert Well-Known Member

I think we know that they wouldn't look bad...it's more that it ruins the integrity of the Muppets.
  11. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more!
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  13. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Can we not?
  14. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think Fozzie drinks beer.... LOL! :)
    Muppet fan 123, heralde and jvcarroll like this.
  15. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Are you really serious?
  16. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Well Ted is actually quite vulgar and crude...can't see the Muppets going there either... makes fart shoes look tame... I think you can be edgy without a) being that vulgar and b) without using computer graphics (My Five Year Old: "Why can't I see that movie with the bear?" :) )
  17. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

While there's a lot of subtlety and range of emotions that animators can bring to a computer generated character - it can never compare to the on-set performances any of the Muppeteers can bring to a simple puppet. Ted exists on a different premise with different goals. The Muppets are classier and more elegant in every level of production. Traditional puppetry is at the core of that elegance.
  18. Beauregard Well-Known Member

To me Ted looks like he's kinda made of jello...uch...
  19. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

20. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I agree! I'm sorry guys, but I DON'T approve of Adult-Only cartoons and movies that look like kid movies. ! Kids think "CARTOON! OH DADDY AND MOMMY MAY I PLEASE WATCH IT?!!!!!!",and some parents dont' realize it despite warnings until it teaches their kids rude words. It's not for kids, but they will be watching! Dinosaurs wasn't for kids only , but they didn't do anything that inappropriate since they knew kids were watching except one time.....
    Roy-Hey Earl the stripper's here!