1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Who wants the future Muppet movies to be...

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by caper, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Okay here ya go skip to the 1:30 mark. I think Kermit once again hit the nail on the head.

2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

No problem with that. But nothing too serious.
    When you see Walter's feet in the new Muppet movie you think "WHOA! How did they do that?!? (At least that's what I think) you don't get the same effect when you see a CGI character's feet. Have you ever gone "Oh, wow. I can see Buzz Lightyear's feet!" (You probably didn't).
    Anyway, wrapping up this post, like I said above, the magic of the Muppets would be ruined forever (Tex Richman would be happy)
  3. Pinkflower7783

I think those two clips I just posted say it all myself.
  4. Muppet fan 123

Video. Got it.
    I'll watch it now,
  5. Pinkflower7783

Yeah it's a long interview it was actually 24:00 I just uploaded the part where Kermit talks about the appeal of The Muppets like I said its in the 1:30 mark.
  6. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I agree. The Walter effects were wonderful!!

I did take issue with Piggy's walk in Paris. The puppetry in that shot didn't quite work. I think CG could have helped that couple of seconds along. I wouldn't support anything longer or much more than that.
  7. Muppet fan 123

I happen to agree with you there. But I don't think CGI would have helped that. They just messed up on that scene. They should have reshot it at a different angle using bluescreen

You'll have to excuse me. I'll have to watch it later using a different computer. Youtube is still blocked.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Point taken, I do agree with that.
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

When it comes right down to it, what would happen if you took the puppets out of the Muppets? You'd just be left with...M.

Oh no...wait a minute...

[​IMG]
  10. Pinkflower7783

That image didn't work. So that's pretty much what would happen. LOL!
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  11. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

My guess is that it says "Uppets". :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. dwmckim

(For those who couldn't see it, it was the new Disney "M" logo for the Muppets with just the letter M with the Kermit collar)
  13. Pinkflower7783

I don't even think it's gonna be Uppets just "ppets"
  14. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

How about M-CGI?
  15. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Sounds like Muppets can be kept as pets.
  16. dwmckim

At least they're housebroken.
  17. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

If this goes on, they'll become ETs.
  18. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Yep, I sure wouldn't want any mess on my carpet.

Muppets phone home :zany:
    Fraggline likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

20. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

No. I think that the whole artistry of it lies within the puppeteering. It isn't simply about preserving the characters, but the performance style itself.
    Saying that the physical Muppets should be replaced by CGI versions of the characters is the same as implying that we should just get motocyclists to run the 100 meter dash in the Olympics. No WAY!