Whos goin to the NYC audition besides me?!?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Aw man I WISH I was going to the New York auditions! I can do Ernie spot-on, and I really have fun with Grover and Oscar too!

Has Sesame Workshop made any official announcements on what they're looking for? I wonder if they want main characters or AM's or what?
I dont know to tell ya. all Todd sayed was that Sesame Work Shop will be joining them in NYC. what they need them for I dont know. :zany:

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
I'll be there. My emotions are running from excitement and confidence to dread and fear, but I'm going through with it. I figure it will be lots of fun in the end, and a chance to see the Big Apple again.

I have questions about logisitcs, though. For those going, how early are you planning to arrive. When I talked to Todd, he said that it should be fine if I got there ten or fifteen minutes early. I said, "So I don't need to get there an hour or two early?" And he said that some people will, but that a little before ten in all that is needed.

But I'm nervous that I'll be way at the end of the line or that they won't get around to me if I show up at ten. So when are you planning to get to the auditions?

Also, would you expect these auditions to run late into the night, or do you think they'll end in time to make it to a show? I'm totally clueless about this, and I have no idea what to expect, so if anyone has been to an audition like this and knows how they work, I'd appreciate the information.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
DrGoshposh said:
I'll be there. My emotions are running from excitement and confidence to dread and fear, but I'm going through with it. I figure it will be lots of fun in the end, and a chance to see the Big Apple again.

I have questions about logisitcs, though. For those going, how early are you planning to arrive. When I talked to Todd, he said that it should be fine if I got there ten or fifteen minutes early. I said, "So I don't need to get there an hour or two early?" And he said that some people will, but that a little before ten in all that is needed.

But I'm nervous that I'll be way at the end of the line or that they won't get around to me if I show up at ten. So when are you planning to get to the auditions?

Also, would you expect these auditions to run late into the night, or do you think they'll end in time to make it to a show? I'm totally clueless about this, and I have no idea what to expect, so if anyone has been to an audition like this and knows how they work, I'd appreciate the information.
well I plan on waking up at 6am (thats IF I can sleep, lol. I do the same thing every time we go to WDW) eat somthin and then get the taxie (gosh I hope its Bo like on the GMC, lol) to the studio with my Muppet puppets and get right in line! :smirk: NOTE TO ALL GOING: remeber I will have a Big blue bag with my muppets and a red and white long sleaved shirt, i'll kinda look like a candycane, hehe, on with my Gonzo Muppet Central.com pin/botton on. :smile: again BEST OF LUCK TO ALL :big_grin:

ChellisPal

Reaction score
I'll be there...auditioned 6 years ago w/ Kevin Clash, made it to the last 15 or so which they kept 2 from, so I'm figuring i have improved alot over time and become an even stronger puppeteer.

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
ChellisPal said:
I'll be there...auditioned 6 years ago w/ Kevin Clash, made it to the last 15 or so which they kept 2 from, so I'm figuring i have improved alot over time and become an even stronger puppeteer.
I think I remember seeing an ad in Variety that the Muppets were auditioning. I didn't see the ad until after the date had passed, or else I would have been there. That is probably the one that you went to.

So how many people were there to audition? Were there hundreds of you lined up on the street? How did the audition work? How early did you get there?

As I said in a previous post, I'm nervous, and any information that could help me get an idea of what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

ChellisPal

Reaction score
Well the way i got involved w the audition was because I was working at CTW at the time. The audition was at the Henson Townhouse and there were many people there, not super packed but packed enough. There were def people there who not there becuase it was a "Muppet Audition"but just cause it was an audition. Everyone got a number and were called upstairs in small groups. In the conference room on the 2nd floor (where the Kermit Blue Boy Pic hangs) we were introduced to a few Henson people who were there to pick out people, amoung them were Kevin Clash, John Kennedy, Rick Lyon and John Tartaglia. On a table there was a selection of Muppets (bunnies, frogs and 2 grouches). They had us face the mirror in a group of 10 or so and recite the alphabet and count in a group watching for lip sync and prob that Muppet improv. After that we were brought downstairs and within a few minutes they said which numbers were to return tommorow. On the next day Kevin ran the group where we all had the chance to do some improv and get used to working with the monitors. That pretty much took the entire day, it was fun cause people were having a good time and sharing laughs with Kevin, Rick and John. That group was then narrowed down even more and the group I was in came back the next day again...to about 15-20 people. This day Kevin had a camera set up for taping in the conference room. He brought a small black bag with him and pulled out Elmo. each of us had to work a scene with one of the puppets they had trying to help Elmo find a cheesecake for his mom. This was an awesome experiance as I got perform side by side with Kevin. Again we all were there the entire day and fun was had. We came back for the last day where we all did a group lip sync to some prerecorded music. After that as a group we watched the video from the day before with Elmo and we all critiqued each others performances with Kevin. They ended up then picking 2 people out of this bunch. I feel that even though I wasnt one of the 2, I still had an awesome learning experiance from someone who I respect very much. This was my 1st time auditioning for anything in my life and I made it THAT far, so i was really proud of myself. I think I have improved my skills since then, and my voices are quite good as many people have told me so I think i have a really good shot at this week.
My best advice is not to be nervous, just go in there and have fun, after all the Muppets are all about fun. The best part of this audition is going to be we know how these characters are so we can go off that, the last time I auditioned I had to be totally original. As for what I think this audition will be like, I cant really say because I am just as curious too. I'm going to guarentee it will be different than the experiance I had before. More than likely one of the core performers will be there (just a guess) to see if we have the feel of the charcters. I plan to just go in there use the skills I had have used and the ones I learned from past experiances and do my best with a lot of praying. Hope this gave some good insight on what they did last time, any other questions just ask.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ChellisPal said:
Well the way i got involved w the audition was because I was working at CTW at the time. The audition was at the Henson Townhouse and there were many people there, not super packed but packed enough. There were def people there who not there becuase it was a "Muppet Audition"but just cause it was an audition. Everyone got a number and were called upstairs in small groups. In the conference room on the 2nd floor (where the Kermit Blue Boy Pic hangs) we were introduced to a few Henson people who were there to pick out people, amoung them were Kevin Clash, John Kennedy, Rick Lyon and John Tartaglia. On a table there was a selection of Muppets (bunnies, frogs and 2 grouches). They had us face the mirror in a group of 10 or so and recite the alphabet and count in a group watching for lip sync and prob that Muppet improv. After that we were brought downstairs and within a few minutes they said which numbers were to return tommorow. On the next day Kevin ran the group where we all had the chance to do some improv and get used to working with the monitors. That pretty much took the entire day, it was fun cause people were having a good time and sharing laughs with Kevin, Rick and John. That group was then narrowed down even more and the group I was in came back the next day again...to about 15-20 people. This day Kevin had a camera set up for taping in the conference room. He brought a small black bag with him and pulled out Elmo. each of us had to work a scene with one of the puppets they had trying to help Elmo find a cheesecake for his mom. This was an awesome experiance as I got perform side by side with Kevin. Again we all were there the entire day and fun was had. We came back for the last day where we all did a group lip sync to some prerecorded music. After that as a group we watched the video from the day before with Elmo and we all critiqued each others performances with Kevin. They ended up then picking 2 people out of this bunch. I feel that even though I wasnt one of the 2, I still had an awesome learning experiance from someone who I respect very much. This was my 1st time auditioning for anything in my life and I made it THAT far, so i was really proud of myself. I think I have improved my skills since then, and my voices are quite good as many people have told me so I think i have a really good shot at this week.
My best advice is not to be nervous, just go in there and have fun, after all the Muppets are all about fun. The best part of this audition is going to be we know how these characters are so we can go off that, the last time I auditioned I had to be totally original. As for what I think this audition will be like, I cant really say because I am just as curious too. I'm going to guarentee it will be different than the experiance I had before. More than likely one of the core performers will be there (just a guess) to see if we have the feel of the charcters. I plan to just go in there use the skills I had have used and the ones I learned from past experiances and do my best with a lot of praying. Hope this gave some good insight on what they did last time, any other questions just ask.
Hey ChellisPal thats a great story. Yes LOTS of paying and wishing does help. I'm guessing we'll be getting #'s then? I know I'm getting :excited: and nervous, but like you sayed Its ALL about having fun and thats what the Muppets are about and sure MHC will want us to also. :smile: By the way who you guys audition for? Me all of em but Bunson :confused: can't do him. Hope to see ya in line again like i've been sayin BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!! I mean it. also Todd did tell me that IF we get it one or some of the REAL Muppeteers will be there and we're gonna play with the REAL Muppets too! and they WILL be taping us he sayed.

AAO

Reaction score
Well, I'm on my way to New York in the morning! I'm auditioning for Kermit (sounds more like Jim's), Fozzie Bear, Beaker, Animal, Waldorf, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and even the one's not listed: Sam the American Eagle, Floyd Pepper, Dr. Teeth, Swedish Chef, and Link Hogthrob! I talked to Todd and seemed very pleased with the turn out of those auditioning for the Muppets. I'm not shocked, I'm just very happy with the support the Muppets have. Even if I don't get this, I'll still be a die-hard Muppet fan. But then again, I've got a lot of faith, God on my side, and everyone here at home praying for me. Good luck to all those who are auditioning in NYC, California, and Toronto!

Also, if the Sesame Street people are there, I'll try out for Bert, Ernie, Grover, Guy Smiley, and Elmo! I can sound like them too. My cousin had a "Tickle Me Elmo" doll and I would always mock the doll. Everyone was like, you sound exactly like Elmo. So, as much as I can't stand Elmo, yet I like Kevin Clash, I'll still audition. So anyway, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! I'm packed, ready, got my glossey picture, resume, and plane tickets and i'm ready to go!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
AAO said:
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! I'm packed, ready, got my glossey picture, resume, and plane tickets and i'm ready to go!
Ma (like Fozzie "Ma..") and I are leavin at 9am to get the bus. We wont get in NYC til about 5pm or 5:30pm, so about 5 or 6hrs on a bus. well I'll make the best of it on there I got ALL Muppet, Muppet babies and Sesame Street coloring books with me lol with crayons, ma sayed she'll color too! hehe. Yeah I'm, well we're all packed and my Muppet Puppets are in the BIG BLUE (not house, lol) bag and are ready! Gosh, only hours to go! :zany: Yooo HOOO haha! when we're on the bus I'm bringin my Disc-men with me, and as SOON as the bus stats I'm gonna lission to "Kansas" you know the song Ashanti sings at the begening of the Muppet Wizard of Oz movie. :big_grin: Ok gang gotta get ready for work. Yeahhhhhhhh i know til 11pm but every one at work are hoping for me and the BOSS!!! :eek: lol but thats cool too! Just remeber IF we dont get it I'm gonna tell you what my grandpa just told me today "If ya dont get it dont give up on your puppets" and again and again... BEST OF LUCK EVERY ONE!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Last Post of now til I get back from NYC

Ok every one, I JUST got home from work, thought i'd post one more b4 i leave in the morning since i WON'T have time to post then. :flirt: after this gonna get some last min thing around and again lol, and again, lol .... GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!! Hope to see some of ya in line! til then see ya gang! :zany: bye bye! :smile: