1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who's the Youngest Fraggle?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by alyteima, Jan 27, 2009.

1. alyteima New Member

I was just wondering. Usually the other five treat Wembley as the youngest but Boober is smaller. What's the general agreement on whose the youngest of the five? :search:
  2. Redsonga Active Member

Officially, I think their sizes are suppose to show age, so from youngest to oldest it would go something like Boober, Wembley, Red, Gobo, Mokey. But in fanfic I treat Wembley as being the youngest with Boober being next because of how he is a bit more level headed. Of course in my version of FR Boober's shortness comes from the type of fraggle he is rather than age :). I think it is more fun that way...
  3. alyteima New Member

I agree with that reasoning :) Boober seems much more mature, Wembley is so innocent (I love that) Cool, thanks for the info.
  4. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Not only that, but Boober already lives by himself while Wembley is always treated like he's too young to do that. (Red and Mokey being roommates by choice, of course.)
  5. alyteima New Member

That's true, in "A Dark and Stormy Night" Wembley feels uneasy staying in the cave by himself.

I'll assume Wembley's the baby of the bunch *Hugs him*
  6. Baby Gonzo Member

I always thought of Wembley as being the youngest, but it wouldn't surprise me if Boober is younger or in the very least, that they are close in age. Sort of in the same way that different people have different maturity levels even at the same age, I think it's the same with Fraggles. One could argue that Boober is the most level headed and mature of the group, though he does have his own insecurities. But that could mean nothing.

I find it interesting to look at different people and sometimes realize that children can have a more focused attitude than adults. I guess it depends on the individual.
  7. bazooka_beak Active Member

Hm, I always assumed Wembley was the youngest, going with his naive nature and being the only Fraggle (of their group) without a job for awhile. Mokey as the oldest as she pretty much acts as a mother figure to them, with Boober or Gobo behind, then Red (or maybe Red, then Gobo. Oh, I don't know!). But I could be wrong :)
  8. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I agree about Wembley being the youngest - he certainly looks the part of the kid brother type.

It does seem that Boober and Mokey are the two eldest, with Red and Gobo falling somewhere in the middle.
  9. heralde Well-Known Member

I would love the idea of Boober being one of the younger ones, just because it would be ironic, hehe.
  10. RedRocker New Member

I've always thought of it being
    Wembley, Boober, Red, Gobo and Mokey being the oldest. Wembley's just that *little* bit more babyish (in a good way of course!) than the rest. Boober is more practical and sensible. I've always thought of Red being the middle 'child', because she's awkward and such. I kinda relate to Red and Wembley, because I'm the youngest in a nuch of 4 half brothers and 1 real brother, which makes me the only girl. This makes me act more daring and dare-devilish, even though I only live with my real brother and my parents...
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  11. Redsonga Active Member

The funny thing in my version of FR I see Red as coming from a big family, it makes a lot of sense :excited:
  12. RedRocker New Member

Lol, yeah that does make sence.
  13. The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Ya' know what, I agree with RedRocker on this.
  14. vettech28 Active Member

I think the birth order of the Fraggles is like this: Mokey is the oldest, Gobo is next, then Red, then Boober and Wembley is the youngest. The thing I find interesting is they do kind of treat each other like brothers and sisters. They have fights and funny and scary moments just like any other Muppet group there is.
  15. Frogster Active Member

lol I was just wondering this myself the other day, and here's what I came up with...

Mokey has pretty much always been known as the oldest, as she's been referred to as the 'den mother' of the five. I think Boober comes in next; older people CAN be short, and while he is a pessimist, he's also quite the realist, which comes from being an older person. Gobo is in the middle, with Red just maybe a year or two younger. And then of course, finishing it off is Wembley.
  16. Baby Gonzo Member

I was thinking more on the subject, and the more I think of it, the more I know age is pretty irrelevant to the Fraggles. I mean, even the oldest Fraggles act much in the same way as the younger ones. It seems as though in different moments and in different episodes, they have different levels of maturity. Like sometimes, Red seems older than Gobo, when other times she seems younger.
  17. Pork Active Member

Hmmm, I think it goes- from youngest to oldest-
    Wembley
    Red and Gobo... I reckon they're about the same age.
    Gobo
    Mokey

The World's Oldest Fraggle :p
  18. alyteima New Member

I agree about the idea that age isn't really an issue for the Fraggles, at least not like it is with us, none of them really 'grow' up, that's part of the show's sweetness.

The show did state that Mokey was the oldest, as been said here, but never talked about age ratio with the others. Age doesn't seem to matter, but the overprotectiveness with Wembley really gives me the idea he's the youngest. Mokey is sweet with all four, but with Wembley (and Boober, awww) she's so loving. Wembley and Boober are close too, in a different way than Wembley and Gobo.

I think they do act like siblings sometimes, but I'm sold on the idea that Wembley is the youngest *Hugs little Wembley*
    Collgoff likes this.
  19. xoch156 New Member

I always took Mokey as the oldest since she is one of the tallest, but she also has a "wise" quality to her. Wembly would be the youngest because he's so silly and free-spirited. Red would definetly be in the middle because her love for attention screams the "middle child" syndrome. Although Gobo is the leader in my opinion, I do think he is second oldest. And Boober is next to last because he always questions himself and is always unsure.
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  20. bazooka_beak Active Member

Hmm, we all have good theories :) This is fun! And I do agree that age probably means very little to Fraggles, since they're as care-free and fun-loving as your average child.