Who's your favorite Disney princess?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had no idea that Disneyland had Aurora's castle. Of course I've never been there (and it wasn't until my last trip to WDW, back in 1995, that I knew the Magic Kingdom castle was called Cinderella's Castle).

Okay, so maybe Sleeping Beauty's not underratted, just something I haven't seen that many times (though there was a period when I did see the movie alot). Of course there are other Disney movies I haven't watched many times that I see as better known (Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella, to a lesser extent Robin Hood and maybe The Sword in the Stone). I keep forgetting the names of the Sleeping Beauty characters. I didn't realize that (checks a few posts above) Maleficent had such a following (though I agree she seems like a great villain... I always thought she was similar to the Wicked Queen, maybe a bit more evil-looking). Aside from "Once Upon a Dream" I can't remember any of the songs off-hand (did any of them appear in any Sing-Along Songs videos?).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't realize that (checks a few posts above) Maleficent had such a following
She gets a lot of street cred for cursing in a Disney movie, lol. Plus she does have some witty lines:

"Oh, they're hopeless. A disgrace to the forces of evil!" :halo:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Belle has always been my favorite. As a child I was elated that there was a brunette Disney princess. Beauty and the Beast is also the first movie I remember seeing in a theater.

And BTW I've never considered Mulan a princess (as much as I love that movie).

She's not. She's not even a part of any fairy-tale. They through her into Once Upon A Time (which should probably change it's name to 'The Disney-Movie Twist Show") and added her to the line of merchandise.
Canada: Belle,
Canada? Belle is from France, according to the Disney version. OUAT made her Australian. Other than that, I don't know any other versions of the characters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
She gets a lot of street cred for cursing in a Disney movie, lol.

I had no idea about the cussing (I won't ask what word). I guess you can tell I haven't seen this since I knew of the concept of cussing (I think I might have known of a few curse words at the time, though).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I had no idea about the cussing (I won't ask what word). I guess you can tell I haven't seen this since I knew of the concept of cussing (I think I might have known of a few curse words at the time, though).
It's when she turns into the dragon, "Now, shall you deal with ME, O Prince - and all the powers of H***!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
On that note, I hate how the Biblical term is considered an offensive cuss word.

To me, having to use Heck unironically (I.e. Earthworm Jim and Dilbert) is far more offensive. That other word is only a real cuss word if used as such. You know, as in "What the Heck is going on?" or "Who the heck are you?"

snichols1973

Reaction score
Mulan helps save the Emperor and China by infiltrating the palace with Yao, Ling and Chien-Po disguised as ladies and some help from Captain Shang; the Emperor starts reading off a list of Mulan's offenses, and ultimately concludes his speech by praising her heroic actions, and presenting her with the imperial crest and Shan Yu's sword as a testimony of her bravery.

In the sequel, Mulan accompanies the Emperor's three daughters on a diplomatic mission to a neighboring kingdom, where the three princesses are scheduled for betrothal to the princes. As the film progresses, the princesses find themselves attracted to Yao, Ling, and Chien-Po, but Shang reminds them of the utmost importance of their mission.

As soon as Mulan marries Sheng, Mushu's position as guardian will end, because the husband's guardians will assume the family duty, and Mushu plots to break up the relationship by causing conflict between Mulan and Sheng, and when he confesses his wrongdoing, he finds himself in a shameful situation, and ultimately speaks as the Golden Dragon of Unity and persuades the neighboring kingdom to allow the princesses to choose for themselves, and Sheng combines his ancestral relics with Mulan's, which means that Mushu gets to keep his job as family guardian, much to the chagrin of Mulan's ancestors.

Her princess status apparently comes about by association, since she receives honor from the Emperor, and Shang is an officer in the imperial army.

Mushu's personality in Mulan II reminds me of Pepe the King Prawn, which leads me to wonder what a Muppet rendition of Mulan would be like......:rolleyes:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Another member of the Disney princesses is Vanellope von Schweetz from Wreck-It Ralph. Her life in Sugar Rush is something like a young Cinderella character, especially since King Candy/Turbo uses his control of the memory banks to persuade the others that he should be the rightful ruler, and that Vanellope shouldn't be allowed to race because of her glitching powers, which ultimately prove to be a blessing in disguise.

In the end, however, Vanellope manages to win the race and ultimately bring about King Candy/Turbo's downfall, restoring the people's memories, and gaining a new iconic status as part of the Sugar Rush racing lineup. Vanellope ultimately forgives the other racers for being mean to her, and gives up her status as princess, choosing to retain her glitching powers for racing competition: "I'm thinking more along the lines of a constitutional democracy: President Vanellope von Schweetz."

Meanwhile, we see that not all "bad guys" are evil, as Ralph makes special arrangements for other video game characters to help out by making guest appearances in Fix-It Felix, Jr., gains a newfound appreciation from the Nicelanders, and is ultimately content to see Vanellope living out her dream of being a super champion racer in Sugar Rush.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Out of all the three soldiers in Mulan, i defiently relate to Chien Po. Even though i'm not fat, i relate to him for this reason: the now i really wish that i knew how to swim line in I'll Make A Man Out of You. That was me as a kid. I also relate to Ling and Yao, but not nearly as good as i relate to Chien Po.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said before either here or somewhere else, I'm kinda annoyed that Disney Heroes (the boy counterbrand) never caught on. They tried it like a decade or so ago, but all it really amounted to was like a couple Aladdin and Hercules toys. Their boy brand is basically just Cars/Planes. Unless you count Marvel, but girls like Marvel too... where's a women of Marvel brand? Even DC markets it's women to girls, and they screw up quite a bit.

I like the villains brand, even though it's pretty female slanting with the exception of maybe Captain Hook, and the entire brand kinda slants female merchandising as well. I think there's a lot of untapped potential there. Where's the Hades stuff, though? He's one of the biggest villains they have. heck, James Woods loves the character so much that he gladly gets paid scale to perform him.