Why don't most people like "Muppet Treasure Island"?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, I guess you throw the term " brillant" around too easily. I can understand that some people enjoyed the film, but calling if brillant is going a little bit overboard in my opinion. Citizen Kane is brilliant, MCC is a film you enjoyed very much. But I guess in the end it is all relative. I just don't see how a remake of a remake of a remake starring the Muppets as backround characters is flawless or brillant.

It was considered a box office disappointment and that really matters in today's climate if the Muppets are to make a successful comeback. As for Brian Henson's involvement in MFS - he was the producer - aka the moneyman - few decisions made in films escape the producer so Muppets From Space's failing is in part due to the producer too.

Just my thoughts:smile:

Jessie

Reaction score
Jamie

Okay, okay, okay. Shawshank Repemption is brillant. Forrest Gump is brillant imo. MCC was, yes, a film that I enjoyed VERY much.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
****. It was just an observation. I admit to using the term liberally too sometimes:smile:

The Dark Crystal is brilliant in my opinion.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Dirctors...

I think it's time for FRANK to come back to his roots, don't ya know? eh?

FOZ

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sadly it doesn't look likely these days with all the talk of replacing his characters. :frown:

Jessie

Reaction score
Jamie

You know I've never seen the Dark Crystal...perhaps I should get around to doing so...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Eeeek! You are kidding me. Drop everything, go to the store and pick up the DVD. It is considered by many as Jim Henson's best film. Just beautiful, and unlike anything that had come before it.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Now THAT'S exaggeration, Jamie! ;-) Brilliant from a technical standpoint, maybe, but I've always found Dark Crystal to be unbearably dull.

Guess everyone's got different definitions of "brilliant." :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I completely disagree. Brilliant is warranted in that case.:eek:

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well, last I saw it was when I was a little kid, but I still recognized it then as a totally original concept for a movie, fantasy or otherwise. I should watch it again.